Accounts Payable Associate
Woodland Hills, CA
At Essex, we provide outstanding communities in which to live, work and invest. Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and more. Essex is committed to engaging, enabling, and empowering associates to thrive. We invite you to experience this exciting employee journey with us!
In this position, you will perform Accounts Payable functions and provide excellent customer service.
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Verify receipt of invoices and other documentation and propriety of approvals necessary to process payments in accordance with Corporate Invoice policy
- Verify that transaction comply with financial policies and procedures
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
- Data enter invoices for payment
- Bills and credits accounts involved with the accounts payable system.
- Sets up and maintains a complex record and filing system of accounts payable vendor files and other financial records including purchase orders and invoices for retrieval or review by purchasing administrators
- Responds to questions and makes calls regarding billing problems, acts as a liaison between departments and vendors.
- Research past due balances thoroughly
- Process Security refunds in a timely manner
- Comply with state laws regarding resident move outs
- Assist and comply with monthly and year-end close out procedures and records
- Inform department heads and staff of Accounts Payable practices and policies as necessary to maintain efficient processing of invoices and expense report
- Perform other related duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience performing high volume data entry in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of Yardi and or property management a plus
- Knowledge of Purchase Order process preferred
- Computer skills to include e-mail applications and basic concept of Microsoft Word and strong knowledge of Excel
- Must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- The ability to work well in a team environment is essential. This includes placing the overall needs of the professional team above personal preferences to accomplish work objectives
- Professional behavior is required at all times. This includes a consistently positive and helpful attitude and tone of voice toward customers and co-workers
- The ability to handle stressful situations in a non-confrontational, problem-solving manner is required. The ability to work with difficult people and handle conflict constructively is essential
- Effective communication and listening skills are necessary.