Director of Digital Marketing
Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and are eligible for benefit packages that include medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and much more. With our Sunday property operations office closures and over 15 PTO days, work/life balance is a priority! Additionally most positions are eligible for a housing discount of 20% or more if you live onsite.
Essex provides great communities in which to live, work and invest. We are a purpose-driven company, and we pride ourselves on promoting an internal culture of growth and opportunity by engaging, enabling and empowering our teams. Working at Essex is not a destination. It is a journey where you can confidently build your career.
Essex requires that all successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment. Essex is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation consistent with federal, state, and local law. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Essex’s vaccination policy.
The Director, Digital Marketing, leads the team responsible for providing the strategy, creative and functional direction, testing, measurement and analytics of the portfolio-wide website, property specific websites, SEO/SEM, social media, internet listing services (ILS), email marketing, artificial intelligence, digital ad campaigns, and all other digital marketing initiatives.
- Lead, manage and coach the digital marketing team, projects and vendors
- Serve as the digital marketing “expert”
- Develop the digital marketing strategy, KPI’s and roadmap
- Contribute to the achievement of Marketing & Communications Department strategy and objectives
- Manage the Essex website: redesigns, updates, content creation, standards and best practices, UX/UI optimization, conversion optimization, user testing, A/B testing
- Manage implementation and maintenance of SEO best practices
- Work with agencies, colleagues and IT to design and execute SEM and digital advertising campaigns that drive qualified leads to our website
- Initiate testing and research to optimize UX/UI, traffic and conversions on the Essex and community websites
- Manage email marketing campaigns
- Make business recommendations and data-driven decisions, while constantly evaluating new digital marketing opportunities/strategies/platforms
- Shop competitors and conduct analysis to determine key points of difference for strategic planning and sales support
- Maintain Essex’s brand standards
- Partner with Communications team to build positive brand awareness and messaging
- Manage budget and budget planning
- Participate in all other marketing team activities and planning sessions
- Work collaboratively with other Essex departments
- Contribute to the development of all Marketing associates and the positive culture of the group as a whole
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by supervisor
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Communications
- Experience: 7 to 10+ years of Digital Marketing experience
- Experience in Multi-Family Industry a Plus
- Strong experience in web optimization, design, content, SEO, SEM, and eCommerce
- Experience with Google Analytics, Optimize, AdWords, Hubspot (email marketing), SMS marketing, and Social Media channels
- Experience with new technologies including artificial intelligence, virtual reality, geo-targeting, etc.
- Data driven who truly understands the importance of KPIs, measurement, tracking and reporting that tells a clear story
- Ability to take ownership and initiative to drive projects through to completion working with multiple stakeholders both at Essex and outside vendors
- Professional demeanor, positive approach, and past management experience being able to manage up and down.
- Exceptional management and leadership skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Outstanding presentation, written and verbal communications skills
- Team player and collaborator, with a belief in the importance of transparency and sharing
- Strong can-do attitude. Ability to pivot as needed
- Interest in the multifamily housing industry