Accounting Specialist - Rent Recovery Coordinator
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Edward Rose & Sons, through its employment affiliate, Personnel Management, Inc., is currently looking to fill a full-time Accounting Specialist - Rent Recovery Coordinator position for our Corporate Office in Bloomfield Hills, MI. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational skills as well as oral and written communication skills. The Rent Recovery Coordinator must maintain a high level of professionalism and maintain composure under pressure. Accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and finish tasks in a timely manner are also highly regarded attributes for this position.
The Accounting Specialist - Rent Recovery Coordinator will track and maintain accurate records for residents with past due account balances, provide excellent customer service to residents with questions about their accounts and ensure timely and accurate processing of legal documents to meet deadlines, and continually review the collection process for non-payment of rent to ensure compliance with county, state and federal laws.
- Support teams by coordinating the collection process for non-payment of rent.
- Collate and analyze account data and generate monthly reports regarding aged delinquency.
- Provide assessment as needed to report irregularities, trends and areas of concern.
- Create, prepare, and maintain court paperwork for applicable resident files.
- Communicate with property managers to determine the occupancy status of delinquent accounts.
- Send balance statements to residents at a minimum of twice a month.
- Review legal invoices for accuracy and adjust resident accounts as needed.
- Assist Collections Team with resident disputes and other collection activities.
- Support Accounting Departments by handling special projects and reporting requests.
Required skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business is preferred.
- Previous administrative experience is preferred.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office; especially in Excel.
- Experience using Yardi Voyager or related property management software is preferred.
- The ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Employees are expected to be honest and trustworthy. A full background check will be performed on all applicants being seriously considered.
We offer our Full-Time employees:
- Comprehensive benefit plans including 401(k) plan with generous match
- Competitive compensation program
- Generous paid time off plans
- Apartment home discount
- Employee referral program
- Great working environment
- Opportunities for advancement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workforce. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.