Edward Rose & Sons is a large and continuously growing privately owned, national real-estate development and management company headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan with additional offices in Indianapolis, Indiana, and Flint and Kalamazoo, Michigan. Edward Rose & Sons has built over 80,000 single-family homes and apartments since 1921, and are still actively engaged in residential construction today.
The Springs Apartments is currently seeking a Purchasing Agent to join their team. The Purchasing Agent is responsible for purchasing all machinery, equipment, tools, parts and supplies for the office, grounds, turnover, and maintenance departments. The right candidate will be attentive to details, technically savvy with strong writing, typing, and verbal communication skills.
The Purchasing Agent works closely with the property operations staff to provide our residents with the best customer experience. Knowledge of computer programs, such as Microsoft Office Suite and Property Management software, such as Yardi, along with a flexible work schedule and the ability to meet deadlines, are all preferred skills and attributes for this position. Apply today and see why Edward Rose & Sons is the right choice for your next career move!
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Following Fair Housing guidelines.
- Maintaining a professional appearance as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Ordering supplies, appliances, pool supplies, upgrades, and other tools necessary for operational purposes.
- Maintaining and organizing purchase orders and inventory control documents.
- Recording all purchase orders and receipts into the Yardi database.
- Scanning invoices for purchased items into the Pay Scan database.
- Presenting the ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Facilities Supervisor.
- High School diploma and some college is preferred.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience using Yardi Voyager or related property management software is preferred.
- Previous industry related experience and knowledge of maintenance supplies and procedures is preferred.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping procedures is preferred.
- Must possess a dependable means of transportation and valid driver's license.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required, as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits packages, including 401K with company match
- Generous paid time off program
- Employee referral program
- Apartment home discount
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
Compensation: Starting at $17.97 per hour or higher, based on experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.