We are currently seeking a highly motivated Grounds Supervisor who takes pride in their work and is always looking for ways to improve the curb appeal of the community! The Grounds Supervisor will be a natural leader who can bring the best out of the grounds staff and leads by example. Think you have what it takes? Apply Today!
The Grounds Supervisor is responsible for leading the grounds team to promote resident interest and retention through high quality services such as ensuring exceptional curb appeal and landscaping techniques. Grounds Supervisor’s manage the general upkeep and cleanliness of community grounds, sidewalks, corridors, stairwells, laundry areas, mechanical rooms, and parking lots. We are seeking a responsible individual who enjoys working outdoors and fostering collaboration and teamwork across departments.
Additional job responsibilities:
- Exhibit a positive disposition while interacting with residents, colleagues, and vendors.
- Facilitate a cohesive and trusting relationship with the team.
- Meet with team members on a regular basis to discuss strengths and development opportunities. Work with individuals to develop goals and action plans to increase skillset.
- Take initiative to work alongside the team as necessary to achieve goals.
- Actively motivate and engage the team. Regularly provide recognition and positive reinforcement.
- Consider the best interest of the company, team and residents while making all decisions.
- Resolve employee relations issues ethically and in a timely manner.
- Respond well to guidance and constructive feedback from management and team members.
- Identifies landscaping needs and delegates tasks efficiently.
- Maintains the irrigation system and supervises all repairs made by grounds staff.
- Evaluate contractor projects upon completion to ensure high quality and contract compliance.
- Monitor adherence to company policies and procedures, OSHA, state/local/federal laws, fair housing, and safety compliance.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances such as last-minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Secure and maintain all equipment such as leaf blowers, snow blowers, chainsaws, etc.
- Leads team during physical evictions, occupancy, and pet checks (if applicable, based on location).
- Effectively assists the Maintenance Supervisor in scheduling and implementing a proactive snow/ice removal program with the goal to limit exposure to liability issues (if applicable, based on location).
- Supervise pool maintenance (if applicable, based on location).
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role is preferred.
- Previous experience in irrigation is preferred.
- Must be able to report to work during inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use various technologies for online training and administrative purposes.
- Must provide basic tools.
- Strong professionalism and communication skills are required.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Must have an acceptable driving record and a valid driver’s license.
- Must adhere to the team apparel policy.
- Regular attendance, work ethic and strong interpersonal skills are required for success in this position.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background and driving record check to be performed on all applicants being seriously considered.
We offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
Compensation: Starting at $20.05 per hour or higher, based on experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.