Senior Project Manager
• Guides projects and project teams in each phase of construction. Oversees the day-to-day progress of projects from initial construction through delivery.
• Conducts project site inspections to monitor progress and support project-assigned team members. Steps in as needed to address and resolve issues and problems, and recommends, approves, and implements modifications to the project plans, schedule, staffing, or budget as needed.
• Promotes the Company’s safety culture by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through personal actions and mentoring others.
• Prepares and distributes bid packages, reviews and evaluates bids and proposals from suppliers, vendors, and sub-contractors, develops, negotiates, and approves contracts for selected contractors, sub-contractors, and other service providers needed to complete the project work.
• Directs value engineering efforts and constructability reviews to achieve efficiencies in construction and cost control.
• Manages the RFI, submittal, and change order processes. Reviews and recommends change orders or amendments to the specifications, blueprints, and plans when appropriate, and ensures related documents and budgets are amended as needed to reflect changes to the project specifications.
• Prepares the project timeline and construction schedule with the Superintendent. Updates the construction schedule and ensures materials and labor are available to meet project deliverables. Identifies and plans for any potential schedule impacts including scope, weather and manpower changes to minimize the impact to the construction schedule.
• Develops and maintains the project budget and timelines as required for each project to ensure overall project deliverables are met.
• Oversees the subcontractor and owner pay application process.
• Communicates with key business leaders, owners and partners to provide updates on the status of projects, surface and address concerns, and plan specific actions as needed to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of the projects.
• Leads and prepares agendas for various meetings such as project planning meetings, project review meetings and OAC meetings.
• Develops and supervises team members by interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training employees, and manages their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices. Assigns team members and sub-contractors to construction projects.
• Typically focused on one large, complicated project or multiple smaller projects in varying stages. Responsible for mentoring Project Manager.
• Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
• Minimum 7 years of experience working on ground up construction projects with exposure to initial construction through delivery.
• Minimum 5 years of experience managing a team and subcontractors.
• Strong time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
• Ability to be highly organized in day-to-day and long-term planning and execution, and to track and maintain complex schedules effectively.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively delegate and negotiate.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs