- Assists and completes work orders generated from resident requests for service, as well as routine upkeep on the community by diagnosing the source or cause of the defect or problem, and making repairs in accordance with established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements. 2. Oversees and completes the “make-ready” process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new moveins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a “punch” list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
- Develops standards for the cleanliness and overall appearance of the community’s grounds, amenities, building exteriors, market ready unit interiors, breezeways, curbs, signage, leasing office, central garbage areas, parking lots, and other buildings and common areas to ensure that they reflect and represent the high quality of the community and Greystar standards.
- Periodically inspects work performed by other service team members to assess effectiveness of policies and procedures and develop corrective action plans as needed.
- Periodically inspects work performed by contractors, vendors and other service providers to verify the work, materials and services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as required.
- Maintains adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials and works with Community Manager to order supplies and tools as needed to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Completes monthly preventative maintenance procedures as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
- Conducts regularly scheduled Greystar safety meetings, ensure all MSDS sheets are current and readily accessible, and keeps up to date on all OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements to ensure community compliance.
- Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering questions from team and residents, responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services, and assigned work orders with efficiency and urgency.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs