Asset Management Associate
Newport Beach, CA
#LI-DNIGreystar’s Asset Management team is responsible for the strategy and business plan execution of a large portfolio of institutional quality multifamily properties, with a sharp focus on value-add execution and driving returns for our investors. The Investment Associate helps drives the execution, development, and implementation of various strategies and programs that enhance financial and operational performance by synthesizing operational results and market data to identify opportunities to drive performance.
1. Partners across functions including acquisitions, property operations, portfolio management, capital projects, and accounting to drive the investment performance of Greystar’s owned asset portfolio.
2. Conducts financial analysis, including the creation of detailed pro-forma and Excel based financial models. Gathers, compiles, investigates, and analyzes market data to identify market trends, and prepares narrative memoranda, detailed reports, and market summaries that provide insights on property level and market trends.
3. Collaborates on new investment committee memos, financing or disposition recommendations, and updates on existing assets.
4. Supports the team to establishes and maintain productive relationships with local market brokers, institutional and equity partners, lenders, regional property management and other key stakeholders, and appropriately manages on-going communications related to transactions.
5. Participates in developing documentation and recommendations on key findings that may affect the return and financial performance of the asset(s).
6. Helps organize the disposition process including broker coordination and the due diligence of assets under contract. Performs valuation analysis and develops and presents recommendations based on key findings that may affect the return and financial performance of the asset(s). Supports the critical timelines and deadlines for tasks and activities related to the proposed transaction and identifies and effectively addresses issues or problems that could otherwise adversely affect closing.
7. Monitors and communicates the status and progress of comparable sales transactions and competitive property deliveries within the assigned geographic region.
8. Works with internal teams and external parties to implement process improvements that target increased revenue, reduced operating expenses, promote efficiencies, and promote the overall performance of the portfolio. Participates and/or leads evaluation of rent structures and leasing velocity.
9. Provides support and assistance to key business leaders and others by fielding questions and requests and gathering data and reports.
10. Performs various functions on a regular basis, including the monitoring, reporting, and proactive problem solving of the asset(s) within the assigned geographic region.
11. Assists with the preparation of annual asset level business plans including review of operating budgets, market analysis, real estate tax forecast and disposition strategy.
12. Coordinates with consultants related to real estate tax appeals.
13. Assists with the preparation of annual asset level business plans including review of operating budgets, market analysis, real estate tax forecast, and disposition strategy.
14. Completes various financial and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs