Redwood City, CA
Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and are eligible for benefit packages that include medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and much more. With our Sunday property operations office closures and over 15 PTO days, work/life balance is a priority! Additionally most positions are eligible for a housing discount of 20% or more if you live onsite.
Essex provides great communities in which to live, work and invest. We are a purpose-driven company, and we pride ourselves on promoting an internal culture of growth and opportunity by engaging, enabling and empowering our teams. Working at Essex is not a destination. It is a journey where you can confidently build your career.
Essex requires that all successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment. Essex is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation consistent with federal, state, and local law. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Essex’s vaccination policy.
The Porter is responsible for maintaining the grounds, curb appeal, clubhouse, amenities, and other common areas at one or more properties in order to assist preserving the asset and to provide a quality living environment for the residents. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and or Community Manager.
Key responsibilities of the Porter include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs daily property walks of tour route, pending move-in units and target units ensuring all areas are considered market ready
- Completes basic maintenance tasks including turnover cleaning, light landscaping, and painting with minimal supervision consistent with Company policy and direction from the Maintenance Supervisor, Community Manager and or CMS
- Assists with administration of maintenance functions, e.g., tracking of inventory, maintaining updated records in relation to Pool Log, etc.- Maintains the highest level of customer service for prospects, residents, vendors, and corporate departments
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC Porter
- High school diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Some custodial or general maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English
- Ability to utilize a personal smart device for apps related to property operations and communication
- General understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred