San Francisco, CA
Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and are eligible for benefit packages that include medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and much more. With our Sunday property operations office closures and over 15 PTO days, work/life balance is a priority! Additionally most positions are eligible for a housing discount of 20% or more if you live onsite.
Essex provides great communities in which to live, work and invest. We are a purpose-driven company, and we pride ourselves on promoting an internal culture of growth and opportunity by engaging, enabling and empowering our teams. Working at Essex is not a destination. It is a journey where you can confidently build your career.
Essex requires that all successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment. Essex is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation consistent with federal, state, and local law. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Essex’s vaccination policy.
The Leasing Specialist is responsible for leasing, marketing and maintaining positive resident relations. Accountable for: securing appointments and presenting community features to maximize rentals, providing exceptional customer service to prospects and residents, and performing all administrative duties related to the on-site sales/marketing function. This position reports to the Community Manager or Assistant Manager.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lease apartments and sell ancillary products and services
- Provide a quality leasing experience for future residents as it relates to their interaction with the community
- Provides professional service at all times, exercising discretion as it relates to confidential resident, property and company information
- Assists residents with work order requests, ensuring quality and completion
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Two years industry experience with proven track record of high closing ratio, or related experience
- Strong sales, marketing and customer service experience
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English
- Ability to utilize a personal smart device for apps related to property operations and communication
- Proficient understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred