Data Science Associate
San Mateo, CA
Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and are eligible for benefit packages that include medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and much more. With our Sunday property operations office closures and over 15 PTO days, work/life balance is a priority! Additionally most positions are eligible for a housing discount of 20% or more if you live onsite.
Essex provides great communities in which to live, work and invest. We are a purpose-driven company, and we pride ourselves on promoting an internal culture of growth and opportunity by engaging, enabling and empowering our teams. Working at Essex is not a destination. It is a journey where you can confidently build your career.
Essex requires that all successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment. Essex is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation consistent with federal, state, and local law. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Essex’s vaccination policy.
The Associate will be an integral member of Essex’s industry-leading Data & Analytics group, with significant accountability for firmwide data science and advanced analytics. These initiatives encompass market forecasting and predictive analytics, spatial methods, advanced Operational analytics to drive revenue growth and margin efficiencies, and the broad application of machine learning for portfolio investment strategy.
Departmental responsibilities include:
- Leverage cutting-edge data and analytical methods to identify actionable trends in residential real estate, including continuous improvement of the firm’s innovative forecasting models.
- Actively contribute to cross-functional analytical teams, to drive actionable, value-added insights across investments, asset management, operations, marketing, and human resources.
- Assist in pursuing the Department’s research & development initiative to secure innovative and proprietary data in support of advancing the firm’s varied analytical and forecasting initiatives.
- Assist in the design and implementation of data workflows and data visualization methods that are designed to enhance the productive value of Essex’s extensive and growing set of proprietary data.
- Graduate degree in statistics/data science, economics, computer science, or a bachelor’s degree in a similar quantitative field along with 2-3 years of directly relevant experience in advanced data analytics.
- Strong proficiency in data analytics with SQL and either Python or R is required.
- Experience with BI data visualization (PowerBI/Tableau), cloud-computing platforms (AWS/Azure), data warehousing, and GIS analytics is a strong plus.
- Self-motivated and highly curious, with strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style.
Essex offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we value our associates and their families, including:
- Medical, Dental, Pre-tax Flex Plan, Life and Disability insurance.
- Employer-matching 401(k) plan that offers financial planning and independent brokerage services.
- Wellness Program, 24-hour Employee Assistance, and Service awards.