Essex provides great communities in which to live, work and invest. We are a purpose-driven company, and we pride ourselves on promoting an internal culture of growth and opportunity by engaging, enabling and empowering our teams. Working at Essex is not a destination. It is a journey where you can confidently build your career. Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and more.
Essex requires that all successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment. Essex is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation consistent with federal, state, and local law. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Essex’s vaccination policy.
The person in this position is responsible for all aspects of the community’s operations and objectives. Accountable for: operating the property budget with the primary objective of increasing the Net Operating Income (NOI) by meeting or exceeding budget for revenue and expense independently; maintaining the physical asset; providing a quality living environment for residents; and establishing a positive and productive working relationship with the staff. This position reports to the Regional Portfolio Manager or Area Manager.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees the day-to-day financial, sales, marketing, maintenance, and administrative operations of the community
- Effectively manages personnel throughout their employment lifecycle, i.e., selection through separation. This includes candidate selection, career planning and development, accountability and performance management, and recognition
- Manage expenses closely and within budget, communicate any overages in advance, actively pursue expense savings.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service for prospects, residents, vendors, and corporate departments
- Manages financial performance and remains current on market conditions
- Pursue revenue via additional opportunities through other income audits; actively participate in rate setting for new leases and renewals ensuring we are maximizing rental income.
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, some college preferred
- Property management certification strongly preferred
- Two to five years property management experience preferred or related management experience
- Proven ability to supervise staff of two or more associates - Solid sales, marketing and customer service experience
- Knowledge of budgets and financial statements and ability to work within budgeted guidelines
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English
- Proficient understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred