Payment Services Specialist
Virginia Beach, VA
Position Type: Full Time
State: Virginia City: Virginia Beach
Zip Code: 23452
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018.
Come be part of an award-winning company! AvalonBay, an S&P 500 company, is in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring, and managing luxury apartments in the multi-family housing industry. We are looking for enthusiastic, customer-service focused individuals to be a part of our award-winning team. So if you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with the top property management organization in the country, we'd like to hear from you! We are looking for the right candidate to join ourPayment ServicesTeam in Virginia Beach, VA.
The Payment Services Specialist is responsible for numerous payment related tasks within AvalonBay’s Customer Care Center. This includes, but is not limited to, payment posting and research, audit processing, account research, deposit scanning, and late fee application. Associates on this team maintain a high level of attention to detail and a dedication to accuracy. The standard work schedule is normal business hours Monday through Friday.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Additionally, the requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and or ability required.
• Apply debits and credits as instructed.
• Manually reallocate payments, accurately checks processes and tasks.
• Accurately scan and deposit all payments.
• Ability to learn, comprehend and understand the navigation of multiple computer systems simultaneously.
• Basic ability to read and understand financial ledgers
• Demonstrate exceptional teamwork skills.
• Two years’ experience in a contact call center or shared services center or fast paced office operations environment preferred.
• Consistent delivery of department established performance goals including passing Quality Assurance scores.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent critical thinking skills.
• Superior time management and organization skills, including but not limited to demonstrated exceptional attention to detail
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word and Excel applications.
• 2 years of customer service experience and/or payment processing experience
• Data entry and excel
• Call center experience or shared services experience (preferred)
• High school diploma or equivalency (GED)
• Other duties and projects as assigned
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Job ID 27200