Woodland Hills, CA
Essex provides great communities in which to live, work and invest. We are a purpose-driven company, and we pride ourselves on promoting an internal culture of growth and opportunity by engaging, enabling and empowering our teams. Working at Essex is not a destination. It is a journey where you can confidently build your career. Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and more.
Essex requires that all successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment. Essex is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation consistent with federal, state, and local law. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Essex’s vaccination policy.
The Regional Assistant will be an integral member of the Operations team providing direct administrative support to Regional Portfolio Managers (RPM) and Area Managers (AM). Specific responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Maintain receptionist desk, screen calls and direct accordingly, greet visitors, receive packages, distribute passes, etc.
- Prepare reporting as directed by supervisors
- Assist with travel and expenses
- Plan and support regional meetings and training as directed by supervisors
- Extensive and thorough review, audit and reconciliation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Company credit card expenses for yourself and on-site teams and supervisors
- On-site commissions for approval and submission to payroll
- Bi-weekly payroll (assistance as need)
- Property or Unit inspections and reporting
- Communicate and handle resident concerns as needed by the RPM and AM
- Assist with Quarterly Job Fairs
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 2-3 years administrative experience preferred
- Strong computer skills are required and should include Microsoft Word, Excel, Acrobat, Google Docs and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using Yardi, Yieldstar and On-Site (Property Management Software) preferred