San Diego, CA
Position Type: Full Time
State: California City: San Diego
Zip Code: 92109
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. At AvalonBay, every day is an opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life. Whether it’s helping someone choose one of our communities as their home, providing great service to our residents, or supporting our fellow associates, we are committed to creating and unforgettable experiences as a great place to live – and work.
As Concierge you will be the face of AvalonBay. The moment new prospects and current residents see you at the front desk, they’ll feel welcome and know that they’re in good hands. You will monitor foot traffic, provide top-notch customer service, and maintain a luxury curb appeal
- the ability to tackle new problems and see them through until the end. You understand the importance of following through, showing residents care and attention.
- strong communication skills. Whether it be in-person or over the phone, you’re able to provide information, direction, and instruction – along with quality conversations! Your writing and speaking abilities are well developed and you’re able to connect well with others.
- time management. You’re able to juggle multiple tasks and time-sensitive requests while keeping composure and positivity.
- patience. If things get difficult, you’re the picture of poise and able to provide the best level of customer service to all residents, vendors and future prospects coming through the front doors.
- organization. Whether it’s phone messages, resident packages, or maintenance requests - you’re able to keep everything in line and moving efficiently, escalating to proper next steps.
High School diploma or equivalency (GED) required. Related experience in a hotel, retail or restaurant is preferred.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Compensation: depends on experience, competitive hourly wage plus benefits
- Comprehensive benefits — health, dental and vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more. Click on Benefits for information.
- Opportunities to advance your skills and grow your career
- Associate recognition
- A significant rent discount on our incredible apartment homes
- A culture built on purpose and our core values —A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.Job ID 27142