Development Coordinator II
Los Angeles, CA
Position Type: Full Time
State: California City: Los Angeles
Zip Code: 90025
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Development Coordinator II provides project and administrative support during the contracting, approvals, development and construction periods of new communities.
- Provides guidance, training and support to lower level Development support staff
- Assists with obtaining demographic and market research for potential land acquisitions
- Coordinates and administers proposals from architects, engineering, and environmental consultants as requested
- Assists with completion of budget request forms, including the community description, apartment mix description, parking analysis, timetable, features, expense items, etc.
- Assists in the preparation of Development Community Reports (DCR) and Development Right Updates (DRU), which detail the status of various development deals (costs, construction status, approvals, monthly highlights, etc.)
- Assists in the preparation, updating and management of budgets and contract administration
- Coordinates amenities and office set-up for new communities, including community signage, brochures, office equipment and fitness equipment
- Assists in the preparation of the investment packages for the Management Investment Committee
- Prepares consultant agreements, change orders, and processes invoices, insurance paperwork and related contractual items
- Prepares some correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, memos and presentations for departmental staff and maintains databases, spreadsheets and other files
- Provides general administrative support and office administration tasks such as telephone coverage, copying, mail distribution, supply ordering, event planning, and processing expense reports, as needed
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years administrative experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize duties and multitask
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.Job ID 27050