Sr. Analyst, Revenue Management
Essex provides great communities in which to live, work and invest. We are a purpose-driven company, and we pride ourselves on promoting an internal culture of growth and opportunity by engaging, enabling and empowering our teams. Working at Essex is not a destination. It is a journey where you can confidently build your career. Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and more.
Essex requires that all successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment. Essex is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation consistent with federal, state, and local law. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Essex’s vaccination policy.
The Revenue Management Analyst/Sr. Analyst is responsible for providing administrative support and process oversight for the Revenue Management team. This role will cover a wide range of activities, helping our teams be effective and efficient in a dynamic environment. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, extremely organized, detail oriented, have a strong sense of urgency and the ability to work quickly and accurately under tight timelines, and be customer focused with an interest in business analysis.
- Develop and prepare routine reports related to customer segments, product segments, lease types, competitive activity, distribution channel performance, and system parameters.
- Identify areas of opportunity and proactively take initiative to streamline and automate the reporting process
- Pull, clean, prep and manipulate large, complex data sets to answer key questions and influence strategic business decisions
- Participate in cross-functional projects related to revenue initiatives, product oversight, and/or operational efficiencies
- Create and maintain dashboards to highlight key metrics, KPIs, and the overall health of the business for various audiences and levels throughout the organization
- Assist with analysis and ad hoc reporting as requested
- Support both internal and external customers by responding to general inquiries and resolving support tickets (e.g., system access, requested system updates)
- Support all administrative phases of the lease renewal process by monitoring milestones and executing deliverables across various platforms, generating reports and ensuring deadlines are met
- Document internal procedures and job aids to accommodate evolving business needs
- Serve as the primary administrator for the Revenue Management System
- BA/BS degree required, MA in Data Science / Analytics preferred
- 2-4 years of experience required
- Previous multi-family housing experience is preferred but not required
- Experience with Yardi and Yieldstar preferred but not required
- Experience with Tableau, Python, data cubes highly preferred
- Well-rounded individual that can perform a wide range of tasks ranging from advanced analytics to resolving administrative support tickets related to systems management
- Customer service focused and able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Results oriented with exceptional communication skills
- Both self-motivated and team-oriented with the ability to work collaboratively across functions, departments and with various levels of the organization
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook