Resident Relations Representative
Playa Vista, CA
Essex provides great communities in which to live, work and invest. We are a purpose-driven company, and we pride ourselves on promoting an internal culture of growth and opportunity by engaging, enabling and empowering our teams. Working at Essex is not a destination. It is a journey where you can confidently build your career. Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and more.
Essex requires that all successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment. Essex is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation consistent with federal, state, and local law. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Essex’s vaccination policy.
Position is reserved for assets with 400+ units and/or communities where demographics determine necessity. The person in this position is responsible for maintaining positive resident relations and facilitating requests. Accountable for: providing exceptional customer service as it may relate to work order requests, resident retention, and any other guest services in order to provide a quality living environment for current and prospective residents. This position reports to the Senior Community Manager, Community Manager or Assistant Manager.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide a quality experience for current and prospective residents as it relates to their interaction with the community
- Assist residents with work order requests and common area reservations, ensuring quality and completion
- Resolve conflicts with residents regarding rent increases, lease violations, theft, and similar issues, escalating to management when appropriate
- Support office team as requested by answering phones, securing appointments, and completing leasing tasks
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Administrative, general office or support experience
- Strong customer service, sales, and marketing experience
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English
- Proficient understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred