Sr Assistant Community Manager
Essex provides great communities in which to live, work and invest. We are a purpose-driven company, and we pride ourselves on promoting an internal culture of growth and opportunity by engaging, enabling and empowering our teams. Working at Essex is not a destination. It is a journey where you can confidently build your career. Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and more.
Essex requires that all successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment. Essex is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for exemption from this policy as a reasonable accommodation consistent with federal, state, and local law. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Essex’s vaccination policy.
This position is reserved for properties which consist of at least 500+ units and properties operated under a Community Manager who oversees at least 2 separate properties (often referred to as Multi-site). The person in this position is responsible for all phases of the community’s operations and objectives, and to lead in that capacity in the absence of the Community Manager and is expected to interpret and consistently implement the policies and procedures of the company, providing a quality living environment for residents, and establishing a positive and productive working relationship with the staff. This position reports to the Sr. Community Manager or Community Manager.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees, in conjunction with the Community Manager, day-to-day financials, sales, marketing, maintenance, and administrative operations of the community
- Completes accounting responsibilities including revenue management, collections, and timely processing of Deposit Accounting
- Maintains the highest level of customer service for prospects, residents, vendors, and corporate departments
- Consistently leads by example, monitoring tasks performed by staff, delegates work and provides performance coaching when necessary
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, some college preferred
- Two to five years industry experience preferred or related experience
- Two years bookkeeping or related experience - Proven ability to supervise staff of two or more associates
- Solid sales, marketing and customer service experience
- Knowledge of budgets and financial statements and ability to work within budgeted guidelines
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Valid driver license and automobile insurance
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English
- Proficient understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred