Capital Projects Coordinator II
Position Type: Full Time
State: California City: Irvine
Zip Code: 92614
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT's), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.
Creating a better way to live is the purpose that binds AvalonBay associates. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. By focusing on collaboration, innovation, and taking ownership of our choices and actions, we act in ways that focus on creating value for our customers, investors and associates. Your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work.
The Capital Projects Coordinator II’s role is to support the Capital Projects group through a variety of administrative and project related tasks. The role will have responsibility in preparing reports, handling calendars, invoicing, and assisting in project support. The Capital Projects Coordinator II should be able to handle basic tasks and duties with minimal direction, but still need direction on more complicated tasks.
- Create subcontractor contracts, purchase orders, change orders, permits, invoices, and sales tax/insurance certificate requirements.
- Prepare general correspondence such as agendas, meeting minutes, reports, meeting presentations, investment packages, & budget reports.
- Acts as liaison between insurance companies, subcontractors, vendors, and AvalonBay.
- Assists Capital Projects Managers with assembling site documentation, plans, photos, inventories, site related questions, etc. associated with due diligence and scope development assigned projects.
- Effectively communicates with internal and external clients, including consultants, corporate accounting staff, investments, construction, design, and residential services departments.
- Assists with sign packages, furniture packages, FF&E installation, and at times will lead smaller scope capital projects with oversight from Manager.
- Manages travel arrangements, scheduling, expense reports, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2 years administrative experience
- Prior project management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintains focus and priorities while working on several projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, Sharepoint)
- Demonstrates a strong sense of teamwork
- Displays outstanding customer service skills
- Acts as a self-starter who requires minimal supervision
- Exhibits strong problem-solving skills, effective follow-up skills, proficient written and verbal communication skills, and efficient time management and organization skills
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and A Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of discrimination and harassment.? We believe that in order to achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated. With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay requires all associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a request for exemption as a reasonable accommodation has been approved.Job ID 26862