Director, Asset Services
San Francisco, CA
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify and expand service opportunities with new and existing clients
• Ensure compliance and full utilization of C&W tools and resources
• Participate in monthly calls to share best practices and produce leads for institutional clients in multiple
• Establish and monitor appropriate checks and balances to ensure high level of quality in operations while
ensuring that the Project team understands and exceeds Client’s goals/expectations for each property
• Understand and observe compliance with management agreements, review and approve expenditures, which exceed the authority level established for project and property manager
• Guarantee timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reports, and confirm that expenditures comply with Client and C&W policies
• Assist property/account manager in maintaining relationships with Client’s senior level decision makers
• Develop and maintain ongoing client care and development program
• Verify the existence of property procedures including Operations Manual, Tenant Handbook, and Emergency Procedures as updated to current industry, Client, and C&W standards
• Provide training and professional development in conjunction with Property Management policies
• Interface with accounting leaders and Transitions & Quality Control leader for feedback on associate performance, client deliverables, and conduct periodic audits when necessary
• Participate in national Property Management task forces and/or committees
• External involvement in committees and organizations
• Direct, supervise and monitor the activities of commercial portfolio, including training, developing and coaching staff
• Perform and review career path discussions with management staff at a minimum of once per year Ensure that performance reviews are conducted annually for all management and maintenance staff.
• Analyze and make recommendations regarding property staffing needs, personnel performance issues, salary administration, personnel promotions, and training and career development
• Oversee the preparation of annual budgets for commercial property portfolio, insuring that the budgets are approved by each client
• Administer special projects assigned by the Managing Director
• Monitor and oversee portfolio profitability. Provide recommendations to Managing Director regarding unprofitable assignments. Review profitability once annually at a minimum
1. Financial Acumen
2. Leadership Skills
3. Communication Proficiency (oral/written)
4. Customer/Client Focus (internal/external)
5. Time Management Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline
• 10+ years commercial property management experience
• 8+ years supervisory and/or executive level sales management experience
• CPM and/or RPA comparable experience in a senior leadership role
• Extensive experience in analyzing and negotiating commercial lease and/or contract language
• Proven experience in management/evaluation/development/motivation of subordinates
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• Real Estate License
• Professional industry designation and active participation/leadership in local and national chapters preferred
• Actively involved at the leadership level in charitable organization(s)
• Thorough understanding of financial reporting and variance analysis
• Skilled at identifying and initiating new relationships, as well as sustaining a pool of new business leads with dynamic, high-energy professionalism and who has a proven track record in generating new business
• Extremely high sense of urgency tied to internal and external customer service focus with proven ability to employ a high level of time management skills focused on prioritization and delegation
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel between properties in varying outdoor weather conditions. Must be able to travel outside of employee’s geographic location.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for 85% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, C&W takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.