EDU Admin Corp Trainer
San Diego, CA
ConAm Management Corporation is part of The ConAm Group, a multi-family property investment and management firm established in 1975 that specializes in conventional and affordable housing. We span across 12 states with 11 regional offices that employs a team of 1500+ energetic associates... and we're growing!
We recognize the value of our office staff; we are always looking for Great Talent! If you possess a customer focused mindset, can be a part of the daily education and provide support to the operations/training of our team members within our communities, we want to hear from you! Candidates should be able to commute to corporate office daily, preferred candidate would live in San Diego County
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Preferred minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Preferred minimum of two (2) years combined multi-family and training development job-related experience
- Preferred experience with eLearning authoring tools, webinar software, learning management systems, or other eLearning software
- Experience with multi-family concepts, practices, procedures, and interdepartmental workflows
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local housing laws, regulations, and guidelines
- Knowledge of Federal fair housing laws and regulations
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and accountability; respect the right of privacy, and exercise discretion
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely to express ideas and communicate work-related information to a variety of individuals and groups
- Ability to communicate, converse, and express information in person, by phone, and through other technology for prolonged periods.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with the needs, problems, and concerns of other department associates, outside agency associates, and the public
- Ability to objectively identify all facts and implications related to a situation before drawing conclusions and determining courses of action
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others
- Ability to adapt to change or interruptions in priorities, assignments, and other interruptions which may impact pre-established timelines and courses of action for completing projects and assignments
- Ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to check own level of competency; identifying situations where assistance is required and seek support; ability to identify what best suits each set of circumstances as they arise
- Strong writing skills: ability to prepare clear, accurate, and well-organized reports, memos, and correspondence; ability to communicate effectively in written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to others; ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including senior staff, associates, investors, clients, and external partners/vendors
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to identify, gather, and evaluate information from a variety of sources; formulate logical conclusions and develop a useful course of action and recommendations
- Strong organizational and project management skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and with an attention to detail
- Commitment to ongoing professional development and career growth
- Have a desire to work and interact with, as well as demonstrate respect for individuals and groups without regard to an individual's protected class
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Learning Management System (LMS) Administration
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the ConAmYOU LMS.
- Work directly with the ConAm IT Department and the LMS hosting provider to ensure the LMS remains continuously operational.
- Troubleshoot user support problems and quickly interact with LMS hosting provider and other technical teams to plan and devise problem resolution.
- Conduct data feeds from the payroll system to the LMS.
- Assist in community onboarding by working with the Regional Portfolio Manager to ensure proper set-up of the location in the LMS.
- Define and manage position roles, learning plans, and assignments in the LMS.
- Assist in implementing and updating LMS sessions for both internal and external vendor training when schedules are published.
- Coordinate and conduct planning, testing, and scheduling of new training content releases.
- Support course development projects, including design, production, LMS testing, and rollout of online courses and programs.
- Keep track of the freshly uploaded relevant courses and materials within the LMS.
- Serve as a facilitator and coach for corporate associate training programs.
- Conduct online training, classroom training, demonstrations, orientation sessions, meetings, and workshops.
- Considering the various learning styles, creatively seek ways to keep associates engaged in training by interactive methods such as chats, polls, challenges, games, etc.
- Follow through on unanswered questions asked during training. Work with team members to find the answers and follow up with the associate to provide the answer.
- Conduct follow-up studies of completed training to evaluate and measure results—set priorities for improvement, modification, and other enhancements.
- Assist associates with procedures and operation/software systems in use.
- Create and maintain a safe and effective learning environment.
- Manage the Education Department’s mailbox.
- Monitor receipt of, investigate, and respond to incoming criminal background screening appeals through the Appeals mailbox.
- Assist in the monitoring of the Technical Training mailbox.
- Assist in the process of updating quarterly training schedules, calendars, training room reservations, and LMS session set up when the quarterly training schedules are published.
- Ensure new and existing associates meet initial and annual training requirements by the set deadline.
- Assist in the release of associate login credentials upon training completion.
- Provide new hire reports to the Regional Directors of Education and assist with the enrollment and attendance of required system training to ensure the timely release of access credentials.
- Provide training status reports to portfolio management and corporate department directors as needed or requested.
- Update training catalog and ensure training assignments match those assigned in the LMS.
- Process monthly the Grace Hill, GoToTraining, and Permanent Supporting Housing (PSH) invoicing.
- Actively participate in the process of information exchange.
- Assist in the process of review creation.
- Work with corporate department directors to schedule and facilitate meetings, training sessions, or LMS assignments and adjustments.
- Support the implementation of new systems, providing raw data necessary for system development and auditing throughout the implementation process.
- Assist in the development and edit of ConAm policies and procedures.
- Keep informed of and communicate developments in Federal, State, and Local housing laws and fair housing regulations and guidelines.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; remain current and knowledgeable of industry standards, best practices, new trends, and developments in the field of property management.
- Identify the need for and assume ownership of supplemental projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Integrity: Uphold generally accepted social and ethical standards in job-related activities and behaviors, doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to anticipate internal and external customers' needs, acting accordingly and giving appropriate priority and focus to customer service and satisfaction.
- Organization and Time Management: Effectively manage time, resources, and information to meet or exceed deadlines consistently, ensuring that work product and information are organized and accessible.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Successfully communicate and collaborate with peers, managers, and customers to achieve common goals. Develop positive relationships across the organization and partner effectively with others.
- Business Communication: Demonstrate an ability to expresses ideas and opinions clearly in properly structured, well-organized, and grammatically correct reports or documents, ensuring communication is respectful, open, honest, and tailored to the receiver. Actively listen and willingly accept and provide constructive, solution-focused feedback.
- Initiative: Exhibit a sense of drive, ownership, and responsibility recognizing opportunities within their "circle of influence," anticipating threats, and acting on them.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Strive to understand contributing factors, work to resolve complex situations, asking for assistance or guidance when appropriate, drawing correct and realistic conclusions, and making timely decisions based on available information.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate ability to manage ambiguity, adapting to changing circumstances quickly and effectively.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all associates so classified.
ConAm Management Corporation is an experienced, full service real estate and property management firm which has been in the business for over 40 years. The company has earned its reputation as an industry leader through commitment to excellence and high ethical standards. ConAm serves clients nationwide through a network of regional offices located in key metropolitan areas. Today, 1,500 ConAm associates manage approximately 50,000 multi-family apartment units from coast to coast.
Applicants being considered for employment must pass a background check, pre-employment physical, and a drug test. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like the right position for you, just click the "APPLY" button above. You will be given an option to submit a resume or complete an online application.