San Diego, CA
ConAm Management Corporation is part of The ConAm Group, a multi-family property investment and management firm established in 1975 that specializes in conventional and affordable housing. We span across 12 states with 11 regional offices that employs a team of 1500+ energetic associates... and we're growing!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Information Technology Engineer will deploy, configure, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot ConAm systems and network equipment to ensure optimal operation and availability.
WHY YOU ARE THE PERFECT FIT:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of systems and network experience working in an enterprise environment or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of computing systems and networking infrastructure, software, and hardwar.
- Demonstrated SAML knowledge, Okta experience a plus.
- Knowledge of network transport and infrastructure protocols.
- Must have advanced knowledge of the OSI and TCP/IP Reference Models and experience with TCP/UDP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, SMTP, Telnet/SSH, ICMP, ARP, NAT, and FTP protocols.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points and controllers using common network utilities such as Ping, Netstat, ARP, Nbtstat, Hostname, Tracert, Ipconfig, Route, and Nslookup.
- Knowledge of cloud services and infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, or other IaaS/SaaS
- Network security experience.
- LAN and WAN experience – Juniper experience a plus.
- Systems experience required – Windows and VMWare.
- Proficient in documenting systems and network infrastructure.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Duties and responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Systems/Network Management
- Maintaining and administering computer systems, networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations – infrastructure includes Windows Servers, Office 365/Exchange, MS Teams, Hyperconverged infrastructure (Nutanix, VX Rail, Scale Computing, etc.), Hypervisors (VMWare, Acropolis, Hyper-V, KVM, etc.), backup technologies (Veeam, Crashplan, Backblaze, etc.), Networking hardware and interfaces (Aruba, Juniper, Ubiquiti, etc.) VPN software (F5, Juniper, etc.), and IaaS (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing best practice security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other systems and network problems.
- Replacing faulty system and network hardware components when required.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
- Monitoring computer systems and network performance to maintain optimal operations and minimize downtime.
- Performing and testing disaster recovery operations and data backups.
- Providing technical support as requested by the IT Infrastructure Manager, for associates to identify potential issues and solve existing systems and network problems.
- Coordinating computer systems and network access and use.
- Designing, configuring, and testing computer systems and networking software, hardware, and operating system software.
- Meet regularly with IT Director and Infrastructure Manager to provide status updates.
- Monitor ticket queue, resolve assigned items timely, partner with vendors as needed, or escalate tickets to senior team members.
- Document IT processes and create physical & logical infrastructure diagrams.
3. All other duties as assigned.
- Integrity: Uphold generally accepted social and ethical standards in job-related activities and behaviors, doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to anticipate internal and external customers’ needs, acting accordingly and giving appropriate priority and focus to customer service and satisfaction.
- Organization and Time Management: Effectively manage time, resources, and information to consistently meet or exceed deadlines, ensuring that work product and information is organized and accessible.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Successfully communicate and collaborate with peers, managers, and customers to achieve common goals. Develop positive relationships across the organization and partner effectively with others.
- Business Communication: Demonstrate an ability to expresses ideas and opinions clearly in properly structured, well-organized, and grammatically correct reports or documents, ensuring communication is respectful, open, honest, and tailored to the receiver. Actively listen and willingly accept and provide constructive, solution-focused feedback.
- Initiative: Exhibit a sense of drive, ownership, and responsibility recognizing opportunities within their “circle of influence,” anticipating threats, and acting on them.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Strive to understand contributing factors, work to resolve complex situations, asking for assistance or guidance when appropriate, drawing correct and realistic conclusions, and making timely decisions based on available information.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate ability to manage ambiguity, adapting to changing circumstances quickly and effectively.
- Work is performed in an office environment
Typical Physical Activity
- Regularly involves talking or listening, standing, and walking, and the use of hands and fingers.
- Frequently involves sitting, and reaching with hands and arms
- Occasionally involves crouching, stooping, kneeling and/or climbing or balancing.
- Occasionally lifting and carrying computing hardware.
Typical Environmental Conditions
- May be exposed to moderately loud noise levels.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all associates so classified.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
ConAm Management Corporation is an experienced, full service real estate and property management firm which has been in the business for over 40 years. The company has earned its reputation as an industry leader through commitment to excellence and high ethical standards. ConAm serves clients nationwide through a network of regional offices located in key metropolitan areas.
Our benefits are designed with our associates in mind which include medical, dental, life, vision, Paid sick and vacation, identity theft protection, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts and Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Applicants being considered for employment must pass a background check and a drug test. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like the right position for you, just click the “APPLY” button above. You will be given an option to submit a resume or complete an on-line applications.