Sr. Manager, Data Science
San Mateo, CA
At Essex, we provide outstanding communities in which to live, work and invest. Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and more. Essex is committed to engaging, enabling, and empowering associates to thrive. We invite you to experience this exciting employee journey with us!
The Senior Manager will be a key member of Essex’s industry-leading Data & Analytics group, with significant accountability for firmwide data science and advanced analytics. These initiatives encompass predictive analytics applied to real estate markets, operational data science to drive revenue growth and margin efficiencies, and the application of machine learning methods for portfolio investment strategy.
Departmental responsibilities include:
- Spearhead strategic initiatives that leverage the firm’s proprietary data assets and advanced analytics capabilities, including managing collaboration across departments as well as the analyst- and associate-level data scientists within the Data & Analytics division.
- Leverage cutting-edge data and analytical methods to identify actionable trends in residential real estate, including continuous improvement of the firm’s innovative forecasting models.
- Actively contribute to cross-functional analytical teams to produce differentiated insights across investments, operations, marketing, human resources, and asset management.
- Help steer the Department’s Research & Development initiative to secure innovative and proprietary data in support of advancing Essex’s analytical and forecasting frameworks.
- Partner with the Data Platform team to help steer the design of data workflows and visualizations that enhance the productive value of Essex’s extensive and growing set of proprietary data resources.
- Graduate degree in statistics/data science, economics/finance, computer science, or a similar quantitative field, along with 5+ years of relevant experience as an individual contributor in advanced data analytics.
- Strong proficiency in data modeling with Python or R and SQL is required.
- Experience with BI data visualization (PowerBI/Tableau) and cloud-computing data platforms (AWS/Azure) is required, and GIS analytics is a strong plus.
- Self-motivated and highly curious, with strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style.