San Diego, CA
ConAm Management Corporation is part of The ConAm Group, a multi-family property investment and management firm established in 1975 that specializes in conventional and affordable housing. We span across 12 states with 11 regional offices that employs a team of 1500+ energetic associates... and we're growing!
This is a Full-Time at $20.00-$24.00 per hour DOE, position schedule is Monday to Friday with full medical benefits.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 1-2 years of Payroll experience
- 1-2 years of Property Management industry experience is preferred
- FPC certification preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
Duties and responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Payroll Processing
- Process payroll for 600+ employees for multistate bi-weekly payroll (assigned regions).
- Pull in new hires and audit for accuracy into UltiPro. Audit master changes for accuracy.
- Audit timesheets, exceptions, and approvals each Bi-Weekly payroll prior to pulling hours.
- Run audit reports prior to finalizing payroll for accuracy of paychecks.
- Calculate final paychecks for terminating associates in accordance with state law. Ensure that all final paperwork/back up is received.
- Distribute labor distribution reports to the responsible parties in each region.
- Open payroll period, upload time, upload bonuses and expense items (as applicable)
- Reconcile payroll totals
- Timesheet communication
- Accounting Administration
- Reconcile manual and voided checks issued against payroll output.
- Reconcile garnishment general ledger account (as applicable).
- Respond to bank reconciliation questions (as applicable).
- Respond timely to employment verifications via mail, fax, and phone according to ConAm’s policy to outside agencies.
- Identify garnishment as an authentic document. Verify whether associate is employed with ConAm.
- Input deduction into associate’s record for payroll deduction in compliance with state and federal labor laws.
- Customer Service
- Provide excellent customer service to regional associates with regards to ConAm’s payroll policies and employment issues.
- Provide friendly and responsive customer’s service to all associates with regards to pay information, hours, direct deposit, tax deductions, and paid time off.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Integrity: Uphold generally accepted social and ethical standards in job-related activities and behaviors, doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to anticipate internal and external customers' needs, acting accordingly, and giving appropriate priority and focus to customer service and satisfaction.
- Organization and Time Management: Effectively manage time, resources, and information to consistently meet or exceed deadlines, ensuring that work product and information is organized and accessible.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Successfully communicate and collaborate with peers, managers, and customers to achieve common goals. Develop positive relationships across the organization and partner effectively with others.
- Job Knowledge: Understands all facets of their job, is aware of duties and responsibilities, keeps knowledge and skills current.
- Job Performance: Achieves desired results and performs all job duties at the expected level, holds self and/or team accountable for results, collaborates effectively and stays aligned with the functional organization and ConAm as a whole, always focuses on continuous improvement.
- Business Communication: Demonstrate an ability to expresses ideas and opinions clearly in properly structured, well-organized, and grammatically correct reports or documents, ensuring communication is respectful, open, honest, and tailored to the receiver. Actively listen and willingly accept and provide constructive, solution-focused feedback.
- Initiative: Exhibit a sense of drive, ownership, and responsibility recognizing opportunities within their "circle of influence," anticipating threats and acting on them.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Strive to understand contributing factors, work to resolve complex situations, asking for assistance or guidance when appropriate, drawing correct and realistic conclusions, and making timely decisions based on available information.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate the ability to manage ambiguity, adapting to changing circumstances quickly and effectively.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
ConAm Management Corporation is an experienced, full service real estate and property management firm which has been in the business for over 40 years. The company has earned its reputation as an industry leader through commitment to excellence and high ethical standards. ConAm serves clients nationwide through a network of regional offices located in key metropolitan areas.
Our benefits are designed with our associates in mind which include medical, dental, life, vision, Paid sick and vacation, identity theft protection, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, and our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Not to mention we get to surround ourselves with amazing people we enjoy working with daily.
Applicants being considered for employment must pass a background check and a drug test. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like the right position for you, just click the “APPLY” button above. You will be given an option to submit a resume or complete an on-line application.