Limited time only $750 Sign-On/Retention Bonus*
We offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
*Bonus offered for limited time and only for Grounds, Make Ready and Maintenance Technician roles. Must be Hired prior to December 31st, 2021 to qualify. First $250 awarded after successfully completing 90 days of employment; $500 awarded after 6-months of satisfactory employment.
Compensation: Starting at $12.98 per hour or higher, based on experience.
Are you a responsible person who enjoys working outdoors? Are you a motivated self-starter, who takes pride in the work you do? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then we have an excellent opportunity for you!
Orchard Lakes Apartments is currently seeking a Groundskeeper who has a keen eye for detail, a proactive attitude and takes pride in their accomplishments. Groundskeepers are responsible for the general upkeep and cleanliness of a section of the apartment community, including parking lots, grounds surrounding the buildings, corridors, stairwells, laundry rooms, and mechanical rooms, if applicable.
Other Responsibilities of a Groundskeeper Include (but not limited to):
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Collecting and removing trash as needed.
- Weeding of beds using appropriate tools.
- Monitoring the irrigation system to ensure all grass areas are adequately watered.
- Repairing or replacing sprinkler heads and lines as required.
- Reporting any unhealthy lawn, trees, shrubs, and plants to management.
- Edging around trees and landscape borders to maintain a neat appearance.
- Raking grounds and blowing or sweeping sidewalks, and parking lots, as required.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements, Skills and Abilities of a Groundskeeper:
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with residents and co-workers.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds above shoulder height.
- Ability to push or pull up to 80 pounds variable distances.
- Ability to complete daily duties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to access all areas necessary to perform job duties, such as climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing, squatting, twisting, and bending for long periods of time.
- Ability to shovel snow and/or clear ice from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread salt in those areas during snow season.
- Ability to work outdoors in temperatures above 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Seeking a responsible individual who enjoys working outdoors.
- Experience in irrigation is a plus!
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such as last-minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Must adhere to company team apparel policy.
- Must possess a dependable means of transportation and valid driver's license.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background and driving record check to be performed on all applicants being seriously considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.