Sr Maintenance Technician - Floater
At Essex, we provide outstanding communities in which to live, work and invest. Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and more. Essex is committed to engaging, enabling, and empowering associates to thrive. We invite you to experience this exciting employee journey with us!
Responsible for the completion of general maintenance tasks including service requests and turnover functions and maintaining curb appeal in order to assist in maintaining and preserving the asset and to provide a quality living environment for the residents. Responsible for performing all work duties in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with company safety policies, and for communicating information regarding property operations or condition which could constitute a physical or liability hazard. The Floating Maintenance Technician is required to travel to and work at various locations within the region in order to perform the tasks of a Maintenance Technician.
- Responsible for completion of general maintenance tasks, including; service requests, turnover functions and curb appeal
- Troubleshoot and repair most major and all minor mechanical systems - Complete all service orders with minimal call-backs
- Ensure that the property is clean and free of trash, vacant apartments are clean and all common areas are well maintained
- Provide professional customer service at all times
- Assists with maintenance administration
- Tracking of inventory, data entry of work orders, maintaining updated records in relation to mold and mildew log, pool Log, etc.
- Performs pre-move out and move out inspections providing guidance to Maintenance Supervisor/Community Manager on charges and turnover tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent - Minimum 3 yrs industry experience (100 units or more) or 4 yrs general contract maintenance preferred
- Ability to assist with a staff of up to 4 or more people - Must be proficient in most areas of apartment maintenance including plumbing, electricity, painting drywall, floor coverings, carpentry, locks, appliances, pools & spas, roofs, and life-safety equipment
- Able to work within budgeted guidelines - Must be adaptable to changing priorities, as assignments can be altered both at the Community and Regional level
- Must be well versed in all areas of Essex platforms based on your designated role (Yardi, Yieldstar, On-Site, etc.)
- Must be an energized self-starter that can complete assigned duties with some level of autonomy
- Must comply with all company policies and initiatives, bringing attention to the Floating Community Manager any discrepancies in these areas where appropriate.
- Must be able to function effectively in a customer service environment.
- Knowledge of environmental/industrial hazards (i.e., asbestos, lead, mold, radon) as they apply to residential housing
- Must be able to function effectively in customer service atmosphere
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Available for emergency call duties and weekend work