IT Support Analyst II
San Mateo, CA
At Essex, we provide outstanding communities in which to live, work and invest. Our associates are offered competitive salaries, experience career growth, and receive comprehensive benefit packages such as medical, dental, vision, 401k employer match, excellence rewards, wellness programs and more. Essex is committed to engaging, enabling, and empowering associates to thrive. We invite you to experience this exciting employee journey with us!
- Provide first and second level problem analysis, diagnosis, and restoration of service for all IT related issues.
- Areas of focus are Application Support, Network Support, Server Support, Desktop Services.
- Service Desk Level 1, and Service Desk Level 2.
- Utilize various tools, training, testing, experience, and decision-making to resolve problems on multiple platforms with varying degrees of complexity.
- When appropriate, escalate problems to the next level of support.
- Works closely with all supported clients to ensure problems are understood and addressed with minimal impact.
- B.S/B.A. in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent formal training or work experience.
- Proven work experience in first and second level support of Yardi/Psi applications systems, Network Communications, Software, Monitoring, or Desktop environments.
- Has strong familiarity with IT Operations and Essex applications.
- Advanced knowledge of Computer/Network systems and related hardware/software. Must have detailed familiarity with standard workstation software and Essex applications used to perform daily duties. Advanced knowledge of network topologies, operating systems, hardware and software configurations. Must have excellent written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrates a strong aptitude for logical thinking. Can create new support workflows. Ability within specific technology areas to independently perform basic, second level problem determination, root cause analysis, and solution development and implementation. Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems. Ability to self-identify and self-manage tasks. Ability to work and lead effectively in a fast-paced, team based, customer service oriented environment.
- Excellent communication skills with clients, peers, and other support groups. Proficient understanding of internal and external Customer requirements. Advanced understanding of business processes as appropriate. Advanced ability to respond to distressed user concerns with appropriate customer service skills. Desire and aptitude to mentor and train less experienced associates within their specified discipline.
- Analyze and resolve complex problems. Identify trends to proactively prevent problems and develop processes to resolve. Self-initiates research and recommends alternative actions for problem resolution. Takes corrective actions to solve problems in a timely manner to achieve recovery with minimum impact to the Customer. Escalates issues where appropriate for resolution.
- Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following: Network software protocols and tools. Telecommunication hardware. Remote control software to access, troubleshoot, and resolve problems. Ability to make adjustments to personal settings, preferences, and options of desktop software. Knowledge of mail clients and configuration options.