Essex offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we value our associates and their families:
For regular full-time associates regularly scheduled to work at least thirty (30) hours per week:
• Medical, Dental, Pre-tax flex plan, Basic life insurance, Supplemental life, Short- and long-term disability, Accidental death insurance plans.
For part-time and full-time associates:
• Employer-matching 401(k) plan that offers financial planning and independent brokerage services.
• Wellness Program, 24-hour Employee Assistance, Service awards and Paid time-off.
The person in this position is responsible for all maintenance aspects of the community’s operations and objectives. Accountable for: operating the property budget with the primary objective of increasing the Net Operating Income (NOI), maintaining the physical asset, providing a quality living environment for residents, and establishing a positive and productive working relationship with the staff. Depending on asset size and staffing level, the person in this position may be required to be “on-call” for after-hours emergencies. This position reports to the Community Manager or Sr. Community Manager.
Key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees the day-to-day maintenance operations of the community, including but not limited to: work orders, unit turns, curb appeal, vendor and inventory management, and preventative maintenance
- Maintains cost per turn within budget & ensure make ready days are 7 days or less or as defined by Regional Manager (for renovation properties)
- Manages expenses closely and within budget, communicates any overages in advance, actively pursues expense savings.
- Manages and/or facilitates capital and renovation projects, collaborating with corporate departments
- Effectively manages personnel throughout their employment lifecycle, i.e., selection through separation. This includes candidate selection, career planning and development, accountability and performance management, and recognition
- Maintains the highest level of customer service for prospects, residents, vendors, and corporate departments
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
- High school diploma or equivalent, college and/or trade school preferred
- Relevant certification (e.g., HVAC, CPO) strongly preferred
- Two to five years property management experience preferred or related management experience
- Proven ability to supervise staff of two or more associates
- Proficient knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and appliance repair with hands on experience
- Knowledge of environmental/industrial hazards (i.e., asbestos, lead, mold, radon) as they apply to residential housing
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Valid driver license and automobile insurance
- Ability to read and write English; speak English and understand spoken English
- Competent understanding of the Microsoft suite, property management software preferred