Project Manager, Redevelopment
Essex offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we value our associates and their families:For regular full-time associates regularly scheduled to work at least thirty (30) hours per week:• Medical, Dental, Pre-tax flex plan, Basic life insurance, Supplemental life, Short- and long-term disability, Accidental death insurance plans.For part-time and full-time associates:• Employer-matching 401(k) plan that offers financial planning and independent brokerage services.• Wellness Program, 24-hour Employee Assistance, Service awards and Paid time-off.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager with deep knowledge and management experience in renovation to oversee various aspects of redevelopment and construction of apartment interior renovation projects. The role will direct renovation efforts on multiple properties by managing on site contractors/vendors, scheduling with the property/operations, interacting with city officials/inspectors, reporting status and communicating with supervisors. The resource must have experience reading construction plans, getting permits, and working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Manages and executes any assigned renovation projects, which can include, but not limited to apartment renovations, washer/dryer addition, air conditioning installation, and amenity space renovation.
- Manages daily on-site activities and leads project meetings with subcontractors and superintendent at frequent intervals to discuss problems, progress, and scheduling of work.
- Provides daily and weekly status of work and maintains high level of communication with Division Manager
- Responsible for all schedule, final sign off of work, and any budget/cost tracking associated with the above mentioned projects.
- Approves all invoices related to assigned projects up to approved budgeted amounts
- Manages all vendors, contractors and sub-contractors to assure timely renovation execution and quality of work. Monitors contractor’s work to assure all work follows plan, contract, scope of work, etc.
- Act as a lead among the property manager, maintenance supervisor, leasing consultants and other operations staff and their interaction with renovation activity and contractors.
- Manage any City permitting process, as-necessary, including interaction with city inspectors and city officials to ensure renovations meet city and local code standards.
Candidates should have a minimum of 10 years experience as project manager working on multi-family renovation. Past knowledge/experience with plumbing repipes, washer & dryer installs, and any apartment amenity related work a plus. Must have experience collecting bids, setting up budgets on spreadsheets, sizing up jobs, defining scope of work on MS Word, MS Excel, and getting permits with the city. The candidate must possess strong project scheduling skills: be familiar with construction knowledge; and be comfortable with MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook (use iPhone). Experience identifying and managing solar installations, electrical retrofits, water conservation projects, or other conservation measures a plus.