Do you have strong sales and marketing skills with the ability to actively motivate and engage a team?
The Village Apartments is currently seeking a Leasing Supervisor that will meet with team members on a regular basis to discuss strengths and development opportunities. The Leasing Supervisor will work with individuals to develop goals and action plans to increase skillset, delegate responsibilities with strategic consideration to departmental needs, take initiative to work alongside the team as necessary to achieve goals, must facilitate a cohesive and trusting relationship with the team, and regularly provide recognition and positive reinforcement.
The Leasing Supervisor builds a positive rapport with potential residents by answering telephone and email communications in a timely manner, processing applications for prospective residents and follow up to maintain consistent communication, maintain records of walk-in traffic, telephone inquiries, appointments, follow-up procedures, and rental sales. Knowledge of computer programs, such as Microsoft Office Suite and Property Management software, such as Yardi, along with the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances such as last-minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Consider the best interest of the company, team and residents while making all decisions.
- Resolve employee relations issues ethically and in a timely manner.
- Respond well to guidance and constructive feedback from management and team members.
- Present community information to prospective renters in a professional and persuasive manner to appeal to their rental needs.
- Provide accurate information on the selling features of the community and surrounding area.
- Consistently maintain conversion expectations as set by the company.
- Must meet secret shop expectations.
- Record sales videos of vacant ready apartments.
- Follow procedures to coordinate residents moving in and out of the community, making sure to properly document events and communicate the status to the proper departments.
- Listen to resident complaints and help develop solutions for them.
- Assist with updating market surveys.
- Maintain a positive online reputation through providing excellent service and soliciting reviews.
- Conduct follow-ups with residents on lease renewals as assigned.
- Conduct daily walk-through inspections of market ready apartment units for show status and product features/readiness. Notify management of any needed repairs.
- Assist with resident appreciation events as directed.
- Exhibit a positive disposition while interacting with residents, colleagues, and vendors.
- Monitor adherence to company policies and procedures, state/local/federal laws, fair housing, and safety compliance.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Previous sales or customer service experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in multi-family property management is preferred.
- Previous experience in leasing is preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience using Yardi Voyager or related property management software is preferred.
- Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing is required.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Must be flexible with work schedule. Weekend hours may be assigned.
- Must have an acceptable driving record and a valid driver’s license.
- Must adhere to the team apparel policy.
- Regular attendance, work ethic and strong interpersonal skills are required for success in this position.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background and driving record check to be performed on all applicants being seriously considered.
We offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home
Compensation: Starting at $17.70 per hour or higher, based on experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.