Asset Management Analyst
Essex offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects how much we value our associates and their families:For regular full-time associates regularly scheduled to work at least thirty (30) hours per week:• Medical, Dental, Pre-tax flex plan, Basic life insurance, Supplemental life, Short- and long-term disability, Accidental death insurance plans.For part-time and full-time associates:• Employer-matching 401(k) plan that offers financial planning and independent brokerage services.• Wellness Program, 24-hour Employee Assistance, Service awards and Paid time-off.
The goal of the Asset Management Dept is to contribute to FFO growth by maximizing property values and investment returns for each asset by fulfilling its highest earning potential, reducing expenditures, identifying the most consistent and highest use, and mitigating liabilities and risks.
Full time Analyst will report to the Manager of Reinvestment and Redevelopment. Responsibilities include underwriting value additive investment opportunities, measuring and reviewing property performance, and other special projects.
- Develop a thorough understanding of internal & external reporting systems and metrics
- Analyze operating reports and financial statements to evaluate property performance while working effectively with other teams to identify and analyze opportunities maximize cash flow.
- Work with various data sources to create cohesive reports with consistent measures.
- Market analysis and investment materials compilation.
- Follow up on actionable items.
- Manage and support general department activities
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in real estate, finance, business or economics
- 1-3 years related work experience required preferably related to real estate and/or other related financial analytical business functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with strong Excel and Power BI skills.
- Experience in modeling as well as exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and effective collaborative working style
- Strong analytical, organizational, time-management, attention to detail and accuracy, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to travel