Real Estate Development Analyst
San Diego, CA
The Real Estate Development Analyst will provide support to the Development team in analyzing new development opportunities, providing cost/financial analyses on new and ongoing developments, performing market research, compiling project data, and maintaining/ updating analytical tools.
We are looking for a Real Estate Development Analyst to join our dynamic team!
Salary Range: 60k-95k
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for supporting the Sr VP of development analyzing new development opportunities.
- Compile and analyze data required for new and ongoing developments.
- Assist in developing projections, dashboards, reports, and presentations on the impact of new development projects.
- Assist with ordering and summarizing third party reports.
- Assist with collecting and disseminating due diligence.
- Support real estate development team with capital projections, and other reporting functions
- Assist with coordination between development team, accounting, and 3rd party capital partners.
- Help in the development of organization tools, project management protocols, and best practices for collecting and analyzing project data.
- Maintaining and updating proformas, and other collateral, as needed
- Support Sr VP of development in evaluating, underwriting, and recommending new development opportunities.
- Perform all underwriting responsibilities including financial analysis, market research, and due diligence.
- Monitor market and submarket fundamentals including supply and demand fundamentals, lease comps, and sales comps.
- Review and measure forecasting for new and ongoing projects.
- Compilation of due diligence information including financial, market, demographic, site, federal, and state regulatory data.
- Researching and analyzing a variety of sources such as general plans, ordinances, court decisions, legal documents, and articles for use in determining highest and best use of multi-family development projects
- Communicate findings and recommendations in a professional, thorough manner.
- Within the development department and to senior company management
- With 3rd party capital investors, brokers, property managers, industry consultants, and third parties involved in property valuation.
4. All other duties as assigned.
- Integrity: Uphold generally accepted social and ethical standards in job-related activities and behaviors, doing the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to anticipate internal and external customers’ needs, acting accordingly and giving appropriate priority and focus to customer service and satisfaction.
- Organization and Time Management: Effectively manage time, resources, and information to consistently meet or exceed deadlines, ensuring that work product and information is organized and accessible.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Successfully communicate and collaborate with peers, managers, and customers to achieve common goals. Develop positive relationships across the organization and partner effectively with others.
- Business Communication: Demonstrate an ability to expresses ideas and opinions clearly in properly structured, well-organized, and grammatically correct reports or documents, ensuring communication is respectful, open, honest, and tailored to the receiver. Actively listen and willingly accept and provide constructive, solution-focused feedback.
- Initiative: Exhibit a sense of drive, ownership, and responsibility recognizing opportunities within their “circle of influence,” anticipating threats, and acting on them.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Strive to understand contributing factors, work to resolve complex situations, asking for assistance or guidance when appropriate, drawing correct and realistic conclusions, and making timely decisions based on available information.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate ability to manage ambiguity, adapting to changing circumstances quickly and effectively.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Subject matter expertise in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or similar.
- Experience in real estate development underwriting is required, including a working understanding of key development metrics
- Experience creating proforma models and other analysis & reporting tools is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Expertise in Excel is required
- Experience with project management and analysis software preferred
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including senior staff, associates, investors, clients and external partners/vendors
About the Company:
The ConAm Management Corporation and the ConAm Investment Group make up the ConAm Group. Established in 1975, we are a multi-family property investment and management firm that spans across 12 states and employs a team of 1500+ energetic associates... and we're growing!
Our benefits are designed with our associates in mind. We offer associates who regularly work 30 hours or more per week, medical, dental, life, vision, 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Applicants being considered for employment must pass a background check and a drug test. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you’d like to join the ConAm team please apply today!