Financial Analyst, Process Improvement & Reporting
San Mateo, CA 94401
ResponsibilitiesEssex, a multi-family REIT, is seeking a Financial Analyst with Accounting experience in the San Mateo, California office. Work with a fast-paced, collaborative team to produce high-quality financial reports for Internal customers as well as participate in Corporate budgeting/forecasting and Accounting Process Improvements initiatives.
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Process Improvement & Reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Translate high level key reporting requirements into reporting specifications. Proactively identify viable solutions to satisfy the financial and analytical needs of the Executive Team.
- Design, develop, review and deliver finalized financial reports to Internal customers in a timely manner, on a monthly and quarterly basis. Aptitude and flexibility in the use of reporting software including extensive Excel skills is required.
- Participate in annual budgeting process.
- General ledger review including monthly and quarterly variance analysis.
Accounting Process Improvement:
- Assist in the analysis and implementation of Business Process Improvement initiatives, focusing primarily on Accounting processes.
- Facilitate process optimization and determine the best tools needed to ensure efficient, timely and accurate reporting for all deliverables within the Accounting Teams.
Accounting System Administration:
- Create and maintain documentation related to Accounting Process & Procedures.
- Accounting System Administration for Yardi, Trintech and Buzz which includes the setup and maintenance of Users, Security, General Ledger Accounts and Account Trees.
Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or equivalent required.
Experience: 5+ years of GAAP Accounting experience. Real Estate Accounting experience, a plus.
- Has aptitude to quickly and efficiently learn new report-writing software.
- Dedicated team player who is flexible and adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized and has good attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on robust Excel skills (i.e. IF, Pivot Tables, Vlookups, Hlookups, Index/Match, Concatenate, etc.). Microsoft PowerBI experience, a plus.
- Experience with real estate accounting software, Yardi, a plus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel to other corporate offices as needed.