Tarzana, CA 91356
This position is for a full time Director of Real Estate Management, to work in our EAH Corporate Offices in Tarzana, CA. Position will be responsible for on-boarding properties that are added to the EAH portfolio through new construction, acquisitions, and fee management arrangements. Qualified candidates will have a degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Architecture or Planning, or equivalent work experience. Ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of senior level property or asset management experience with significant marketing or responsibility. Successful candidate will possess executive leadership experience managing a large team. Salary commensurate to experience.
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most respected nonprofit housing development and management organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over 450, EAH develops multifamily communities, manages over 100 properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit our website to learn more about our culture and read employee comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at EAH.
For immediate consideration please apply to requisition DIREC01816 on our website at www.eahhousing.org/careers
Assists with overseeing the administration and financial performance of the Property Management Division in accordance with EAH’s quality standards. Through staff and on-site personnel, is responsible for optimal fiscal, physical, operational and social management of properties in the portfolio. Ensures that the properties EAH operates provide high quality property management and ensures that sites are in compliance with all regulatory and funding requirements. Understands and supports EAH’s mission and core values.
Strategic Planning & Leadership
- Provides clear direction for operations within Real Estate Management, ensuring that the Company/Owner’s financial and business objectives are being achieved. Ensures that assigned properties act per their individual established regulatory and partnership agreements.
- Provides leadership to Real Estate Management team and promotes EAH’s culture of respect and collaboration.
- Responsible for effective supervision and development of assigned Real Estate Management team. Actively works to promote performance, recognition and teamwork. Moves efficiently to hire well-qualified staff to fill openings. Provides regular performance feedback, including coaching, counseling and discipline. Conducts regular meetings for discussions, problem solving, encouraging and training. Focuses on mentoring and training direct reports.
- Ensures that the properties are well maintained and sustainable.
- Oversees major divisional goals and ensures that Property Supervisors implement their portfolio objectives.
- Maintains good business relationships with community partners.
- Oversees and ensures adherence to Real Estate Management policies and procedures.
- Increases financial performance of the Real Estate Management division and helps create realistic business plans, annually.
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting to owners and executives of EAH.
- Approves Bi-annual Traffic Light Reports.
Financial/Profit Center Performance
- Develops overhead budgets, tracks variances, and ensures smooth recovery process (e.g. Department depth).
- Ensures that Property Supervisors are submitting accurate budgets for their portfolios.
- Collaborates with Compliance Team to ensure compliance with requirements of and timely reporting to funders, regulators, and investors.
- Approves all expenditures, whether routine or capital in nature based on approval levels for position.
- Consults with appropriate corporate and on-site staff in developing and monitoring capital needs budgets, operational planning, and financial planning.
- Ensures that property management fees and payroll expenses are being charged, billed and collected in an effective and timely manner.
- Approves capital improvement plans.
- Approves Redec Schedules.
- Assists with the establishment of EAH’s master contracts i.e., laundry, landscaping, vending, flooring, paint, and the like.
- Reviews and monitors policies pertaining to late fees, screening fees and security deposits to ensure communities are maximizing these as market conditions allow.
Business Development & Marketing
- Consults with VP, REM on issues related to acquisition, development and property management that can be identified in pre-development and construction stages, including identifying new business opportunities.
- Develops and recommends appropriate policies and policy changes that support EAH’s strategic direction and plans.
- Assesses market trends in real estate by region and reports data to corporate and regional offices.
- Works with VP, Real Estate Management and Property Supervisors to develop/implement marketing plans.
- Participates in appropriate professional and community organizations.
- Collaborates with corporate and regional personnel, including Accounting, Technology, Human Resources, Real Estate Development, Community Relations, Operations, Services and Compliance.
- Reviews capital operating budgets and submits recommendations to VP, REM and CFO.
- Prepares monthly Critical Care reports.
- Oversees REAC, MOR, and TCAC audit performance for assigned Area.
- Attends Regional staff meetings.
- At direction of VP, REM, represents EAH at BOD meetings.
- Establishes, monitors and recognizes NOI goals for all EAH properties through Property Supervisors.
- Approves pay and status changes, within approved ranges, for property management staff. Consults with VP of REM and HR department for changes outside the norm.
- Approves on-site training classes.
- Collaborates with COO, CFO and VP of REM on Asset Management procedures, execution.
- Fills in for Property Supervisors as needed.
- Oversees monitoring of inventory controls, purchasing and central purchasing systems.
- Oversees evaluation and monitoring of utility costs, development and implementation of conservation programs.
- Maintains senior-level contact with assigned third party owners, investors, etc.
- Resolves critical impact resident relations issues.
- Conducts bi-annual site visits.
Directly supervises Property Supervisors. Through Property Supervisors, has responsibility for all other California Property Management staff.
Active State of California Real Estate License required. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Architecture or Planning, or equivalent work experience. 5 - 10 years of senior level property or asset management experience with significant marketing or responsibility. Executive leadership experience managing a large team.
Must have valid driver’s license