New Lease Up Leasing Manager - The Platform - San Jose
San Jose, CA 95101
Western National Property Management is looking to fill a New Lease Up Leasing Manager position at The Platform Apartment Homes, a 551 unit community located in San Jose, CA. The Leasing Manager assists the General Manager and Assistant General Manager in optimizing the return on investments for the owners by insuring a quality living experience for future and current residents, successfully leasing apartments, meeting customer needs, and marketing the property and generating traffic. Supports the leasing operations and staff in a manner that will meet the community objectives.
The ideal candidate is polished, engaging and energetic. Candidates need significant customer service experience as well as previous sales, marketing or leasing agent experience. Experience with a commitment to apply their very best in a high-energy environment that rewards your efforts and dedication!
Leasing and Marketing:
- Maintains high occupancy through support and participation in leasing activities, effective motivation, keeping informed of market conditions, understanding competitive pricing and utilizing appropriate marketing resources.
- Supports Inter-company communication of property’s availability and network with internal leasing team and outside industry representatives.
- Conducts site tours, negotiates lease proposals, and prepares lease document and lease renewal requests.
- Supports the marketing function through recording of accurate data on prospects and new residents, and by keeping informed of the competition.
- Executes the sales process accurately.
- Trains and analyzes leasing personnel’s effectiveness and performance.
- Reinforces all of Western National Group company policies and procedures as they relate to leasing apartments.
- Prepares and presents summary analysis in support of recommended leasing strategies.
- Determines daily, weekly, and monthly community sales goals and directs and motivates the Leasing Consultants in order to achieve these goals.
- Develops leasing and market strategies for community and maintains leasing reports and contact database to report on leasing efforts.
- Creates and updates all current advertising and research and carries out market research, competitor and owner amenity surveys.
- Analyzes marketing statistics, traffic patterns and advertising effectiveness.
- Assists in establishing and achieving financial goals by effectively qualifying prospective residents and verifying applications.
- Prepares lease documents and related paperwork and updates records as necessary.
- Assists the General Manager and Assistant General Manager as needed by demonstrating good communication skills, understanding Company and divisional goals, policies and procedures.
- Stays informed of WNPM philosophies, implementations of new and current property management laws, and general environmental conditions to provide input and assist with solutions.
- Demonstrate initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, and integrity and exercised confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times while maintaining a pleasant demeanor.
- Understand, apply and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Prior property management experience in leasing, including supervisory experience.
- General office and bookkeeping skills.
- Sales, customer service and public relations skills.
- Marketing and advertising experience.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite; detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to interact effectively with prospects, residents, peers and management.
- Comply with state landlord/tenant law to include State and Federal Fair Housing laws.
- Must be available to work weekends, non-traditional holidays, on-call, or when needed due to business needs.
- Must possess a valid driver license and maintain current auto insurance and an acceptable driving record.
Competitive hourly salary
Full medical and dental benefits
401K savings plan with company participation
On-going training and advancement opportunities
Western National Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability, mental and physical, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, and military and veteran status or any other legally protected status. IND123