Sacramento, CA 95814
$91,349.00 - $141,713.00 Annually plus excellent government benefits
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Provide strategic leadership for long term portfolio planning. Responsible for the oversight of a complex portfolio SHRA properties. Oversee and maintain portfolio(s)’ performance, maintenance, management of budgets and asset business plans, risk mitigation and reporting in order to maximize financial health and long-term viability. Oversight and internal control of assets within the geographic portfolio. Build and maintain productive relationships and effective communications with all partners (internal and external) through collaboration. Other duties include investor reporting, partnership cash flow calculations, review and monitoring of financial operating statements, risk rating and watch list management among others.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Model supervisory strategies and approaches that demonstrate the Agency Cultural Objectives in all aspects of staff communication and supervision, when supervising directly or when coaching a staff member to whom you have delegated supervisory responsibility. Supervisory duties include the responsibility to:
- Participate in the preparation of long-term strategic financial and capital improvements plans for the portfolio.
- Create a long-range asset management evaluation system that anticipates capital needs and includes a sustainable financial strategy for each property
- Review for approval the annual budgets for each property in portfolio(s).
- Participate and oversee the development and collaboration of a written management plan for each property in the portfolio with lead responsibility for workout property plans to include:
- annual operating budget, capital expenditure expectations, strategic recommendation(s),
- Compliance report timing, replacement and operating reserve management, assessment of local market conditions and cash flow forecasting,
- Create and recommend an Asset Management Business Plan annually
- Work with Property Management and Accounting on Cash Management and payables.
- Handle the preparation, review, and delivery of financial reports and analysis for the properties in the portfolio(s), ensuring that the Asset Management team or other departments within SHRA are exhibiting appropriate oversight of key performance indicators (KPI)s, performance, mortgages, taxes, insurance premiums, etc.
- Review and manage distribution of financial statements and other related reports to all third-party investors, lenders, and funders for all properties in the portfolio.
- Build and maintain owner’s and SHRA’s relationships with local and regional offices of various regulatory agencies that have a stake in the asset’s performance. Collaborate with Property Management, Resident Service, Development, and Accounting groups in all phases of ownership, budgeting, and reporting for all the properties in the portfolio.
- Collaborate and maintain relationship with housing developers and underwriters as part of policy setting for potential developments/acquisitions.
- Work with consultant and ensure we are filing appeals, applying for waivers and making sure annual tax payments are paid on time to avoid late fees.
- Perform annual property site inspections, complete site inspection form and photographs. Attend all investor or regulatory inspections where appropriate.
- Prompt resolution of life/safety issues and compliance with Fair Housing.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, business, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years of real estate industry experience, preferably affordable housing, or multifamily real estate.