Summer Associate, Leasing
Seattle, WA 98101
Essex Property Trust, Inc. (NYSE: ESS) is an S&P 500 company that acquires, develops, redevelops, and manages multi-family apartment communities. We are the only true West Coast player in the Multifamily REIT industry with 60,000+ units in large metropolitan areas spread across California and Washington. Essex has a long track record of success and the highest total return of all public U.S. REITs since our IPO in 1994.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for you to be part of our amazing team through our Property Management, Summer Internship Program. Beginning early June, this 10- to 12-week, fast-paced program will focus on providing excellent customer experience (which is foundational to real estate careers) to current and future residents. You will gain an understanding of lease structures, fair housing laws and critical real estate software.
Not only is this a great resume building opportunity, but we are paying to train you. We pride ourselves in grooming individuals, who are hungry to learn and to add value, to become top talents in our industry. Select interns may be invited to a multi-year, internship program leading to a fast-track management program.
As a Summer Associate, Leasing you will:
- Promote/market available units within your assigned community.
- Provide a quality leasing experience to future residents while presenting company information, community features, and available amenities.
- Lease apartment homes and sell ancillary products and services.
- Provide exceptional customer service by assisting residents with work-orders and other items.
- Exercise discretion as it relates to confidential resident, property and company information.
- Handle all administrative duties related to the on-site sales and marketing function
- Compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEOC
- Job is intermittently sedentary, but requires mobility (i.e., climb stairs) to tour community on a daily basis.
- Will use some repetitive motion of hands/wrists using a computer.
- Requires light lifting.
- Currently attending college or university (sophomore, junior or senior levels)
- Must be able to work a 5-day work week, which will include Saturdays and Sundays throughout the 10- to 12-week internship program. Days off will be specified during the interview.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude and a customer service spirit.
- Must have strong communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Interest in sales and marketing.