Financial Analyst, Internal Reporting & Process Improvement
San Mateo, CA 94401
Essex, a multi-family REIT, is seeking a Financial Analyst with Accounting experience in the San Mateo, California office. Work with a collaborative team to produce high-quality financial reports for internal customers as well as participate in managin the Corporate budgeting/forecasting process. The Analyst will focus on building/writing internal reports which will require aptitude and flexibility in the use of reporting software including extensive Excel skills.
- Develop/build, review and deliver timely financial reports for internal customers.
- General ledger review including monthly and quarterly variance analysis.
- Participate in annual budgeting process.
- Maintain documentation related to Team's desktop procedures.
- Assist in the analysis and implementation of process improvement initiatives.
- Ad hoc reporting and financial support as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or equivalent.
- 3+ years of GAAP Accounting experience. Real Estate accounting, a plus.
- Has aptitude to quickly and efficiently learn new report-writing software.
- Organized, good attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Great communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on robust Excel skills (i.e IF, Pivot Tables, V Lookups, H Lookups, Index, Match, Concatenante, etc.
- Experience with real estate accounting software, Yardi or MRI, a plus.