GSF Properties Inc.
Fresno, CA 93704
GSF Properties Inc. is looking to hire an exceptional individual to join our team as Community Manager in Fresno, CA.
Working for GSF Properties Inc. means being part of a community made up of employees and our customers. At GSF Properties Inc., we strive to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work. Excellence. Leadership. Service. Community. It's who we are. It's what we do.
WHO WE ARE
With 40 years in the industry, we pride ourselves on being experts in our field. Through satisfied customers and strong relationships, we have grown our portfolio to close to 10,000 units. Our team of 200 employees proudly serve more than 30,000 customers on a daily basis. We know the value of relationships and treat our many clients, investors, residents, employees, and vendors with care. It's these relationships that make our company successful.
So, you could say we're kind of a big deal.
Our Community Managers are smart, savvy team leaders with a passion for customer service and a strong business acumen. They are accountable for all aspects of their property's operations, including financial performance, customer satisfaction and retention, and developing an engaged and productive team. They monitor a wide array of performance metrics, implement strategies to meet operational and leasing goals, analyze and respond to changing market conditions, and identify areas for improvement.
Our Community Managers work closely with our compliance teams to ensure compliance with program requirements at a community with Low Income Housing Tax Credit, Tax Exempt Bonds, Inclusionary Below Market Rent, or other affordable housing programs. Combining a dedication to top-notch customer service with a precise attention to detail and in-depth knowledge of all compliance regulations associated with our affordable programs, the Community Manager is primarily responsible for rectifying units in accordance with affordable housing program guidelines, income and utility allowance adjustments and updates, auditing files, etc.
Additionally, the Community Manager must have a solid understanding of property management operations while applying technical knowledge of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit program and/or Tax Exempt Bond program rules, or other substantive experience working with affordable housing programs.
- Minimum 3 years residential property management experience with working knowledge of tenant and eviction laws
- Experience managing a staff and leading a high performing team
- Tax Credit certifications (C3P, CPO, FHC, HCCP, NAHP, NAHPe, NCCP, NCP, NCP-E, SCHM, TCS) preferred.
- LIHTC experience with HUD Project-Based Section 8 preferred
- LIHTC and/or Bond reporting platforms
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including word processing, calendar management, software/database, and social media
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Experience creating and managing a budget
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Valid driver's license & car insurance
WHO YOU ARE
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
- A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to current and prospective customers.
- Organized and Accountable. You have exceptional time management abilities and are able to juggle the needs of changing priorities at the community while accomplishing objectives.
- Analytical. You are comfortable working with numbers, interpreting various documents, evaluating trends, and analyzing data.
- Levelheaded. You remain calm during stressful situations and quickly find solutions.
- Flexible and Adaptable. You understand that the world does not exist through black and white lenses and embrace the opportunity to live in the gray.
- Confident and Decisive. You take initiative, trust your gut, and are not afraid to make a decision or deliver a difficult message.
- Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting customers know that they matter.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Essential Duties include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by GSF Properties Inc.
- Build community and industry knowledge by identifying trends to prepare for future occupancy needs and offering recommendations and training.
- Connect people to community through effective leasing administration and training of your team.
- Partner with your Property Supervisor to prepare and follow an operating budget and to plan community capital improvements, repairs, contract developments, and negotiations.
- Support maintenance operations by partnering with your Maintenance team to provide a sparkling product through preventive maintenance, timely and efficient repairs, and a highly organized make-ready process.
- Train and collaborate with talented teammates to identify and solve any issues that arise.
- Drive the community to continued operational success by proposing income-producing opportunities such as competitive pricing and value-add community enhancements.
- Focus on performance metrics ranging from your community's customer loyalty to sales conversion rates to apartment turnover efficiency - and everything in between.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of laws applying to property management and affordability compliance, demonstrating the ability to explain and apply them where applicable.
- Conduct annual income recertification and lease renewals for affordable units in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with customers, staff members and program administrators to instill and maintain customer loyalty.
- Manage on-site affordable program resources such as waiting lists, recertification notices, tenant selection plans, and all eligibility documentation for customer lease files.
- Maintain accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the community, particularly in areas of compliance, Tax Credit, LIHTC, HOME, HUD.
- Partner with Compliance Director and Property Supervisor to ensure community operational goals are met in light of the affordable program requirements.
- Participate in internal, agency and third-party training on affordable housing compliance.
- Manage affordable program reporting responsibilities and respond to requests for affordable housing data.
- Yardi or Appfolio Experience
- College degree or coursework