Project Coordinator, Redevelopment
Woodland Hills, CA 91302
We are seeking a talented individual to take on a Redevelopment Project Coordinator role with knowledge and renovation management experience to oversee various aspects of apartment interior and exterior renovation projects. The role will direct renovation efforts on multiple properties by managing on site contractors/vendors, scheduling with the property/operations, interacting with city officials/inspectors, reporting status and communicating with supervisors.
- Leads daily on-stie activities and conducts project meetings with subcontractors and superintendent at frequent intervals to discuss problems, progress, and scheduling of work.
- Manages any concerns, questions, or issues resulting from renovation work and acts in a timely manner to address such requests and resolve all issues.
- Provides weekly status updates of work and maintains high level of communicaiton with Division Manager.
- Working together with Project Manager, manages vendors, contractors and sub-contractors to assure timely renovaiton execution and quality of work. Monitors contracto's work to assure all work follows plan, contract, scope of work, etc.
- Managers and executes any assigned renovation projects. Responsible for all schedule and budget/cost trackign associated with those projects.
- As necessary, discusses project with city inspectors and city officials to nesure renovations meet city and local code standards.
- Complies with company standards as defined in teh Policies and Procedure Manual and applicable laws, e.g. Fair Hoursing, Landlord Tenant, OSHA, and EEOC.
- Provides professional service and high level of communication at all times, exercising discreation as it relates to confidential resident, property and company information.
- Leads int he planning and preparation for resident retention programs and functions designed to add value to property operations team undergoing renovaitons.
- Possesses through understanding of property managmetn software systems utilized at the property levle and ensure accuracy of database (including File Maker, resident activity, resident ledgers, vendor information, etc.)
- Job is intermittently sedentary, but requires mobility (i.e. climb stairs) to post notices at apartments on a daily basis.
- Will use some repetitive motion of hands/wrists in using computer.
- May require some light lifting.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years experience in residential construction, remodeling or renovation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of business correspondence.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel. Yardi preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to travel to multiple sites required.