ASSISTANT COMMUNITY MANAGER
Santa Monica, CA 90401
SAMO Apartments is dedicated to providing residents with Santa Monica affordable housing options in a variety of settings. We proudly offer affordable modern apartments in several nice communities throughout the Santa Monica area. We are looking for a dynamic individual who will fill a key position on our team and elevate our tenant's customer service experience!
- Support the marketing functions through recording accurate data on prospective and new residents, and by keeping informed of the competition.
- Score 95% or higher on property shops.
- Have a general understanding of the Section 8 housing program.
- Assist Community Manager in the compliance of government and city restrictions, regulations and ordinances, as applicable, at all times;
Understand and follow provisions of the Administrative Guidelines for AHPP and property-specific agreements;
- Ensure resident files are in compliance at all times
- Ensure priority of applicants of certain categories as set forth in Administrative Guidelines for AHPP and Property Agreements
- Provide support for the staff to effectively complete the income eligibility verifications within 5 days; ensure compliance with regard to requirements for acceptable proof of income
- Identify deadlines and resident files due for re-certification; coordinate preparation and distribution of the income re-certification letters to residents
- Interpret and communicate all of the above to the Leasing Specialist/s as needed
• Post Craigslist ads per company guidelines.
• Provide follow through and assistance to Community Manager in coordinating the ongoing maintenance of the property.
• Supervise property staff as directed by the Community Manager.
• Assist the Community Manager as needed.
• Strive to make the resident living experience, particularly the first and last impressions, of the highest quality.
• Introduce residents to NMS apartment procedures.
• Under the direction of the Community Manager, ensure the preparation and delivery of all legal and formal notices, including Three-Day or 30-Day Covenant to Quit, Rent Increase Notices, Late Charge Notices, and Notices of Violation of Community Rules and Regulations, in accordance with the California Civil Code.
• Ensure the maintenance of all account records and transactions including NSF's, rent allowances, concessions, rent Increases, utility billing collection and other management approved debits/credits.
• Review and approve move out statements (SODA), ensuring all statements are completed timely in accordance with state law and that all charges are necessary and accurate as outlined in SaMo policies.
• Review and approve resident rental applications for move-ins in a fair and consistent manner in accordance with Fair Housing requirements and NMS' policies and procedures.
• Assist in the negotiation of rent increases and lease renewals with residents and support the Community Manager in the execution of all necessary documents to implement all approved rental increases.
• Assist in coordinating scheduled move-ins calendar with Leasing and Maintenance staff, ensuring all move-in appointments are completed and all apartments are inspected prior to move-in.
• Assist Community Manager in the prioritizing and scheduling of activities on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Assist in the leadership of the team to effectively achieve objectives.
• Participate in company-provided training such as fair housing, safety and sexual harassment training
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
• Apply knowledge of organizational and community policies and procedures.
• Compose professional and concise written and verbal communications.
• Ability to effectively present information to prospective and current residents.
• Ability to exercise initiative and problem-solving skills. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
• Demonstrated experience in providing customer service.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• High school diploma required
• Property Management Certification is a plus
• At least 5+ years' general work experience
• At least 2+ years' experience in residential leasing/sales
• Previous supervisory experience a plus
• Microsoft Office programs, Internet, Yardi
$18.50-$21.00 per hour DOE