Little Tokyo Service Center
Torrance, CA 90504
Job Title: Resident Manager (for a non-profit organization) Salary and Benefits: DOE; Full Benefits Package Hours: Full-Time; Salaried Exempt Position Start Date: Immediately
Location: JCI Gardens, Torrance, CA
Little Tokyo Service Center Community Development Corporation (LTSC CDC) is a community-based non-profit located in central Los Angeles. Our mission is to meet the critical needs of people and build community. We improve the lives of individuals and families through culturally sensitive social services. We strengthen neighborhoods through housing and community development. We promote the rich heritage of the ethnic community.
LTSC CDC's owns and or manages multiple properties throughout Los Angeles County with a commitment to providing affordable and quality housing to support healthy families and communities.
Summary of Duties:
The Resident Manager will report to the Property Supervisor and will be responsible for managing a HUD project-based senior citizen section 8 housing:
1. Marketing & Leasing
- Enforce rental policies, Lease Agreements and HUD and other regulatory agency guidelines;
- Leasing -- manage wait list, screen tenant applications for eligibility, show available units, keep vacancy loss to a minimum.
2. Financial Management
- Collect rent, security deposits and other payments;
- Follow up on all delinquent receivables;
- Enter accounts receivables and payables in property management software system;
- Maintain proper records of petty cash and other building disbursements.
3. Building Maintenance
- Inspect the property on a regular basis and ensure preventative maintenance plan is followed;
- Manage maintenance staff, vendors (monitor all major repair works), and track maintenance work orders;
- Ensure that vacant units are "rent-ready" in an expeditious fashion.
- Responsible for annual unit inspections as required by management;
- Responsible for annual recertification of tenants;
- Complete required reports and compliance records;
- Maintain accurate tenant files in compliance with established management procedures and HUD and other regulatory requirements;
- Prepare for The Real Estate Assessment Center’s (REAC) Inspections
5. Staff Supervision
- Supervise on-site staff, providing written and verbal feedback, annual performance reviews, setting priorities and goals, oversee work;
6. Community Relations
- Develop and maintain good tenant and community relations;
- Develop and maintain excellent rapport with local governmental and other agencies (e.g., fire departments, police departments, senior centers);
7. Other Duties
- Work in close cooperation with Service Coordinator staff; social services, tenant services.
- Attend in-house and external training as recommended.
- Project Management
- Oversee, coordinate and maintain calendar of events and users of community rooms;
- Available for after-hours emergencies
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
· Minimum 3 - 4 years of experience in subsidized housing property management
· Work well in a multi-cultural environment (particularly with an ethnically diverse tenant population);
· Ability to read and interpret rental agreements, government regulations, and budgets;
· Ability to write effective business correspondence;
· Ability to effectively communicate information both written and verbally and be able to respond to questions from groups and individuals.
· A self-starter
· Strong leadership and organizational skills;
· Able to work both independently and as a team;
· Ability to multi-task;
· Computer competency -- Microsoft Office, email; data entry, property management software.
· Desire to make a long-term commitment to this position and LTSC CDC's mission;
· California Driver License and access to insured, reliable automobile;
· Bilingual in Japanese/English or Korean/English is strongly preferred.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to:
Aaron Garcia, Manager of Property Operations
LTSC Community Development Corporation
231 E. Third St., Suite G106
Los Angeles, CA 90013