New York, NY 10001
The Construction Manager is responsible for overseeing multiple jobs related to capital improvements and construction as well as being able to perform capital assessments of buildings and properties during the due diligence phase of acquisitions. This position is accountable for ensuring capital projects are completed on-time, on budget, and with internal and external communication that meets best practices.
College degree in business, real estate, construction management, or related field and/or equivalent experience is preferred. May be required to hold a current General Contractor’s or other license and certifications.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to develop, comprehend, and complete legal, financial, construction-related, and human resources documents and to provide updates and reports to owners and key business leaders.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents. Experience in Timberline and other Company software applications related to budgeting and overall project management.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to lead, direct, evaluate, and mentor team members, peers, and construction site personnel.
- Understands and is in compliance in regards to: safety programs, OSHA, insurance and licensing programs, all regulatory programs and inspections/audits for assigned regions.
- Ability to communicate findings from due diligences, property inspections, project updates, and other aspects related to renovations, repositioning, or construction projects in writing using proper grammar, spelling, and terms related to the construction industry.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the renovations, maintenance, and construction with significant experience in overseeing capital and renovation-type constructions.
- Previous experience in all aspects of property maintenance operations, capital projects management, and property renovations operating within a multifamily environment is preferred.
Greystar® is the global leader in multifamily real estate, offering expertise in property management, investment management, and development and construction of rental housing. Established in 1993, Greystar is the largest property management operator in the world. Its dedicated team members and a commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals has resulted in record growth, making Greystar one of the most respected and trusted real estate companies. EOE.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs