Lifestyle Coordinator - SH
Fairfax, VA 20151
The Lifestyle Coordinator for Active Adult (55+ living) will create and coordinate social and physical activity programs and other miscellaneous resident related functions to achieve community goals surrounding resident retention. This role also plays an integral part in the sales process by working closely with the Community Manager and Sales Consultant/s. This role does whatever is necessary to make the selling process more effective and the move in process more efficient. The Lifestyle Coordinator – SH will assist with all aspects of sales and marketing for the community. This position will contribute to the success of the community sales team’s achievement of year end budgeted occupancy, revenue, and resident retention goals.
- Create and coordinate programs and events surrounding social and physical activities that may include resident functions, birthday cards, welcome parties, off-site excursions and other events such as In Circle, as directed. Responsible for the set-up, preparation and take down for each event. At least 2 to 5 activities or events per day, 7 days a week are required. (Many of these may be led by residents.) Also responsible for purchasing and coordinating any items required for the event. Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Maintain prospect attendance records for each event when possible, collecting prospect contact information for future use and follow up.
- Photograph residents and events whenever possible for use in cards, social media, newsletters and videos.
- Create and produce the monthly calendar with activities and events, newsletters and fliers for the community as needed.
- Meet with each new resident to create a profile on preferred activities and events.
- Coordinate the resident volunteer program by enlisting and managing the volunteer schedule for consistent and equal participation by all that would like to participate. Recruit and train volunteers from within the community to participate in events, activities and clubs.
- Interact with all residents and acknowledges them by name if possible. Should be knowledgeable of the community and other policies to assist with community tours if needed.
- Provide assistance as necessary with the ongoing Resident Surveys and Activity Questionnaires.
- Provide input into the development of budget(s) for properties within the property portfolio as it relates to planned activities, resident retention and excursions. Manage expenses to budget.
- May coordinate interview process and make recommendations for the hiring of qualified and certified instructors for on-site exercise and spa activities. Assist and train on-site staff to host successful resident activities and participate in the events when possible.
- May be instrumental in interviewing and recommending local, licensed transportation companies to transport residents to off-site destinations and excursions
- Create partnerships with local vendors, businesses and organizations to enhance community events. Partnership can be for parties, door prizes, opportunity drawings, etc.
- Schedule and manage transportation program, if provided.
- Maintain confidentiality of pertinent information concerning residents and staff.
- Tour Support - Assists with tours when needed.
- Prospect Experience - Inspects tour path, model apartment(s), and leasing office on a regular basis in order to maximize appeal of the prospect experience.
- Phone / Internet Support – When needed, answers inquiry calls and internet inquiries.
- Follow-up – Utilizes Greystar CRM Lead2Lease to maintain an accurate and up-to-date prospect database. Assist with daily, meaningful prospect follow-up. Helps the team perform the required number of follow-up contacts in accordance with Greystar standards through phone calls, personal visits, notes, etc. Coordinate prospect and depositor related creative follow up deliveries with couriers, shipping, Amazon, etc.
- Sales Collateral – Organize and ensure adequate supply of fully assembled sales collateral, marketing and outreach packets. Maintain files and marketing materials for realtors, transition companies, and moving companies. Maintain copies of all floor plans, in hard copy and email versions.
- Current Greystar Sales and Marketing Program Standards – Participates in ensuring that Greystar sales and marketing program standards and benchmarks are being met.
New Resident / Depositor Relations
- Meet and greet residents and families on the day of move in and ensure smooth process. Hand deliver move-in gift the day of move-in.
- Prepare and complete all paperwork related to new move-ins and renewals according to Greystar policy, including preparation of Move-in Packets
- Process applications, credit screening, and criminal background checks.
- Coordinate the distribution of all Move-In paperwork to the appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate and communicate unit readiness with appropriate personnel to ensure timely move-ins.
- Set up resident folders.
- Assist with furniture measurements and placement.
- Coordinate moving services.
- Arrange for optimal coverage for all incoming inquiry calls and tours.
- Establish and maintain system for written phone messages.
- Generate thank you letters, form letters for mailing mass brochures / flyers to prospects.
- Prepare and circulate to staff each morning a daily overview of scheduled tours, move ins / move outs, and inventory ready to show.
- Update unit status daily on white board.
- Assist in the completion of and submit to corporate all necessary reports.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and create resident communications documents.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to delivery customer service, handle possible irate residents, and build positive resident relationships.
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizing and coordinating large functions and gatherings.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing programs for use in creating flyers and newsletters as needed.
Greystar® is the global leader in multifamily real estate, offering expertise in property management, investment management, and development and construction of rental housing. Established in 1993, Greystar is the largest property management operator in the world. Its dedicated team members and a commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals has resulted in record growth, making Greystar one of the most respected and trusted real estate companies. EOE.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs