Sales Consultant - SH
Sugar Land, TX 77478
The Sales Consultant for Active Adult (55+ living) executes the property’s marketing, leasing, and renewal strategies to achieve occupancy, revenue, and resident retention goals by performing all activities related to leasing to new residents, providing resident satisfaction throughout the term of the lease, and securing resident lease renewals.
- Performs all sales and leasing activities to achieve the property’s revenue and occupancy goals by greeting and qualifying prospects, conducting property tours and showing apartments, continuing the relationship with prospects, processing applications, credit screening, and criminal background checks, preparing the lease and move-in package, and ensuring a smooth resident move-in and lease signing.
- Collects all pertinent information from prospective residents at move-in and record as appropriate.
- Stays informed about current market and competitor conditions that may impact the community’s occupancy, market rent, and sales results, develops and implements short- and long-term marketing plans and goals to sustain occupancy, and follows the property’s established policies related to concessions, specials, and other programs to boost occupancy.
- Designs and executes marketing activities and events to create and drive traffic to the property, including implementing resident referral and employer outreach programs, using internet marketing tools (Craigslist, Facebook, e-mail, and other websites), and following other property-specific marketing plans, drives, and special programs.
- Uses the on-site property management software application (OneSite, Yardi, Lead2Lease, etc.) to track apartment availability, record traffic and leasing activities, manage resident and prospect data, and capture critical demographic and other information about existing and future residents.
- Ensures that the property and show units meet the Company’s standards for show quality by daily inspecting the marketing corridor and leasing tour, communicating maintenance and upkeep needs to the property’s maintenance team members, merchandising and ensuring a physically appealing show unit and/or model and amenities, and preparing the leasing office for daily leasing activities.
- Follows-up with prospects and new residents to ensure satisfaction by sending e-mail, thank-you notes, and cards or making telephone calls or other contacts to finalize decisions to lease and/or renew. Documents all follow up and prospect status (urgent, hot, standard, mild) during the lifecycle of the sales process.
- Executes and performs activities in support of the property’s lease renewal program by preparing lease renewal letters and packages for residents, meeting with and contacting renewing residents in advance of move-out dates, and ensuring that lease renewal documents are signed and implemented on time.
- Responds quickly and courteously to resident and client/owner concerns and questions, and takes prompt action to solve problems and/or document and convey resident or other requests to the appropriate individual(s).
- Demonstrates customer services skills by treating residents and others with respect, answering resident questions, and responding sensitively to complaints about maintenance services. Interacts with all residents and acknowledges them by name if possible.
- Attends community and networking events, aligns themselves with local associations and community organizations, and participates in outreach marketing efforts as necessary to drive traffic to community and generate viable referral sources and new business leads.
- High school diploma, GED or related experience and/or training and education.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell and explain apartment features, and answer questions.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sales skills, such as generating sales leads, conducting sales presentations, qualifying prospects, and closing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, property management applications (preferably Yardi and/or One Site), and spreadsheet management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete financial records, budgets, weekly statistics, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related circumstances, including using Craigslist, Google and other search engines, and navigating the internet and websites.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of a sales, marketing, internet and customer service background sufficient to resolve customer complaints and issues and complete financial records, documents, and reports.
Greystar® is the global leader in multifamily real estate, offering expertise in property management, investment management, and development and construction of rental housing. Established in 1993, Greystar is the largest property management operator in the world. Its dedicated team members and a commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals has resulted in record growth, making Greystar one of the most respected and trusted real estate companies. EOE.
401k Retirement Plan
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Internal Training Programs