Senior Project Manager
San Jose, CA 95126
POSITION: Senior Project Manager
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT: Full-time Exempt
COMPENSATION: Competitive Salary + Benefits including health, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance (LTD), 401(k), paid sick, vacation, and Holidays.
LOCATION(S): Charities Housing - Main Office
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Housing Development
Charities Housing is committed to developing and managing affordable housing and strives to create developments that contribute positively to communities. Healthy communities start with people who care, who fulfill a vision, and who gladly perform meaningful services. That is what you will find in each and every affordable housing developed, owned, and managed by Charities Housing throughout Silicon Valley. We firmly believe our contributions are essential to the creation of healthy communities.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: This is a senior position where responsibilities include activities related to all development stages in the construction of new housing, as well as refinancing and rehabilitation of existing developments. As a member of the development team, the Senior Project Manager is assigned specific projects and then expected to take lead responsibility for all aspects of the project from land/property acquisition through construction completion. The Senior Project Manager is expected to manage 3-4 developments at one time, in various stages of development. Strong analytical, writing and proforma/budget skills is required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- B.A. in business administration with emphasis or concentration in finance, or real estate; or
- B.A. in planning, public policy, architecture, or construction management or
- B.A. in civil or structural engineering
- Five years of relevant experience in real estate development, project management or
- Two years of relevant experience in real estate development, project management with an advanced degree in one of the specified fields above.
- Prior experience with affordable housing finance and working with government funding and government agencies.
- Required technical knowledge, skills, and abilities in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Represent the organization at public meetings where clear communication, ability to relate to a variety of diverse individuals and groups, and presentation of complex housing issues is required.
- Prepare and submit funding applications to federal, state, local and private funding sources.
- Prepare financial and economic feasibility analysis and maintain ongoing oversight of budget and expenditures as the development move forward
- Perform tasks necessary to obtain local approvals and neighborhood acceptance.
- Prepare project time line and monitor adherence to schedule.
- Engage and provide on-going coordination between architects, contractors, attorneys, and other members of the development team.
- Provide on-going coordination with property and asset management staff within the organization to incorporate management input on the design, operating budgets and resident profile.
- Perform all types of administrative tasks and other related activities as required including project cost accounting and interface with auditors as necessary.
- Perform construction administration/management activities including drafting and oversight of construction contracts, site inspections, change order evaluation, and preparation of monthly draw requests.
- Supervise less senior staff as requested.
- Other responsibilities as assigned to support specific department business needs.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
This position will remain open until it is filled. If we receive resumes from qualified candidates we reserve the right to start the hiring process at any time.
If interested please reply via email with the following (in pdf form):
1) Cover Letter
Charities Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Charities Housing is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Principals only. No calls please. We will only respond to those persons who are deemed qualified at the sole discretion of Charities Housing. For more information about Charities Housing, please visit our website www.charitieshousing.org.