Maintenance Program Manager
Arlington, VA 20598
Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018.
At AvalonBay, every day you can make a difference in someone's life. We take that purpose seriously and expect you will as well. From helping someone choose one of our communities as their home to providing great service throughout a resident's stay to supporting your fellow associates, your positive, professional, and consistent personal interactions make AvalonBay a great place to work. Our purpose and our core values - A Commitment to Integrity, A Spirit of Caring, and a Focus on Continuous Improvement - set us apart.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Program Manager to be based in our Arlington, VA Headquarters office. The Maintenance Program Manager supports the Engineering Department and RS Maintenance Operations through systems and contract management, participation and/or management of nationwide Maintenance initiatives, and data tracking/reporting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops and maintains compliance reporting for critical Maintenance and Engineering standards, including, but not limited to: Onboarding, annual certifications, hot works, Mechanical/Life Safety Evaluations.
- Provides Executive Management with data analysis reports (audits, financials, project spend) and generates analytical reports for maintenance efficiency to identify potential cost savings and historical trends.
- Manages the preparation and process of all contract-related agreements (including Capex, MSA Addendums, Resident Services Fixed Price and Service Agreements), insurance certificates, and proper accounting treatments.
- Maintains subject matter expert knowledge for all maintenance software system applications. These include, but are not limited to: Unifier, MRI, Ops
- Maintains Asset Compliance information.
- Project management of organization-wide initiatives affecting Residential Service groups, including communication and project plans for new system and process enhancements, capital expenditures, and other maintenance and engineering initiatives.
- Creates and owns delivery of Maintenance and Engineering updates to various AvalonBay departments. Content includes training, policy updates, product recalls, system enhancements, etc.
- Coordinates and participates in various advisory groups, including the management of meeting agendas and documentation of any necessary after action items.
- Manages the Environmental Compliance Certification process.
- Oversees the development and scheduling of National Preventative Maintenance (apartments and common area).
- Provides requirements, testing, and launch support for Maintenance and Engineering related system updates.
- Supports the review and updating process of Maintenance and Engineering policies and procedures. Manages the archival documents and change management to communities.
- Maintains content and updates for department SharePoint site.
- Monitors the Engineering overhead budget, includingpreparing and analyzing annual and quarterly financials and interfacing with internal and external auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Data Analytics, or related fields preferred
- At least 3 years of property management, systems management, and/or data analytics required; experience in project management preferred
- Strong communication skills with the ability to create and deliver group presentations on function-related subject matter and to write reports in a clear, concise form
- Strong technical capabilities in MS Suite with Power BI experience as a plus
- The desire to work in a collaborative environment with opportunities to provide coaching, counseling and training to team members.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation. We offer:
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.