Regional Real Estate Manager (Sacramento
Sacramento, CA 95831
******Active California Real Estate License required******
Not only different, but better! Specializing in the management of residential real estate, Sunrise Management AMO®, oversees a portfolio of 215 properties and over 14,000 units throughout the West, primarily focusing on conventional housing, senior living, affordable housing and acquisitions.
Sunrise Management, a growing Property Management Company,is seeking a strategic, passionate, forward thinking team player with a rock star personality to join our team and make a strong impact on the ongoing growth of our company. We have an immediate opening for a Regional Real Estate Managerbased out of North Central CA.
The Regional Real Estate Manager is responsible for the supervision of the operation of multiple properties in a portfolio assigned to him or her. This requires on-going successful communication with existing and potential clients, the supervision of multiple sites and diverse personnel, fiscal oversight including income maximization and expense control, preparing and executing marketing plans, preparing budgets and monthly financial analysis, and operation of investment properties to meet our clients’ real estate investment goals.
- Active California Real Estate License is required
- Experience in market rate and affordable (HUD & LIHTC) housing required
- Minimum of five years Regional Manager experience
- Conventional Multi-family Regional Manager experience in the North Central CA Market
- CPM designation highly desired
- Familiar with Rent Optimizer Products (i.e., YieldStar, LRO)
- Experience with Property Management Software (i.e., OneSite, Yardi)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Financial Acumen
- Incumbent must have reliable transportation available and have a valid driver license and automobile insurance, as travel to properties and meetings will be required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively communicate with clients to meet fiduciary obligations, establish and maintain their confidence and to clearly and regularly define objectives for the operation of their investment real estate.
- Effectively utilize resources including available property administrator assistance and subordinates to ensure efficient and appropriate operation of properties in his/her portfolio.
- Ensure employee administration and support consistent with Sunrise policies and procedures including but not limited to review and approval of time cards in a timely, accurate manner, timely, meaningful performance feedback and coaching.
- Ensure timely periodic reporting (weekly, monthly, etc) from each property as required and delivery to each client as may be required after review and approval.
- Ensure that property appearance and curb appeal consistently meet Sunrise Management standards within individual sites budgetary and operating constraints.
- Monitor the maintenance activities to ensure resident requests and preventative maintenance programs are being performed according to Sunrise Management standards.
- For each of the properties in his/her portfolio, ensure preparation and analysis of reports comparing competing properties and market conditions on a monthly basis. Comply with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations in the operation of the properties in his/her management portfolio.
- Oversee the takeover and turnover of assets in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Produce and analyze financial reports monthly and report in writing to each client assuring that their particular concerns, stated and implied, are addressed.
- Be responsible for the overall financial performance of the properties in his/her management portfolio.
- Operate each property to its highest and fullest potential, in accordance with the goals and objectives of each client and Sunrise, to maximize its financial potential. This includes but is not limited to strengthening occupancy levels and rental rates, income maximization and expense control.
- Supervise site staff for properties within portfolio as well as any associated District Supervisors, Assistant Regional Managers and Property Administrators.
- Work closely with Sunrise Human Resources team to interview, hire, coach, counsel and generally develop and maintain staff necessary for successful operation of portfolio. This includes but is not limited to performing written evaluations according to Sunrise Management policy and making the appropriate recommendations for pay increases or advancement, and meeting frequently with subordinates to coach, counsel, and offer feedback and encouragement.
- Provide guidance and direction to assist employees in their pursuit of professional goals consistent with Sunrise Managements goals.
- Prepare and implement marketing and management plans for each property within parameters consistent with the clients goals.
- Create and oversee the administration of the placing of advertising of communities within the assigned portfolio, property Internet sites and other media opportunities
- Establish and set unit pricing and concessions as well as terms of lease consistent with each properties business plan, budget, and client goals, while securing client or supervisor approval as required.
- Monitor rental activity including traffic, move-ins, move-outs, rentals, notices and close ratios to ensure requirements are met and provide additional training as necessary.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in promoting Sunrise Management.
- Attend and participate in training seminars as requested.
- Represent Sunrise Management in Professional Trade Organizations such as IREM or Apartment Associations to promote Sunrise Management awareness and excellence while furthering personal network and education.
- Works well as part of a team.
The Regional Real Estate Manager supervises site staff for properties within portfolio as well as any associated District Managers, Assistant Regional Managers or Property Administrators. Responsibilities include working closely with the Sunrise Human Resources Team on interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Our mission is to provide our residents with a positive living experience in an environment they can be proud to call home. We are committed to being the employer of choice and to enhancing the lives of our team members. Through exceptional service, accountability and innovation, we transform our client's investment goals into realities.
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise Management!