Senior Systems Engineer
Arlington, VA 20598
Job Type: Exempt
AvalonBay is proud to be named one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. We currently own and operate approximately 80,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates. We are currently searching for a strong Senior Systems Engineer to join our Information Technology team at our Arlington, VA corporate headquarters office.
The Senior Systems Engineer helps to meet company needs for computer hardware, software, networking and servers technologies. This position develops, tests, installs, configures, and troubleshoots computer hardware, software, network devices, servers, including producing documentation, diagrams, and detailed procedures. The Senior Systems Engineer works well independently, balancing work between the corporate office, remote locations and data centers.
Responsibilities / Skills to have:
- Ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the systems that support core business functions
- Microsoft Windows Administration on prem and / or on the cloud, powershell knowledge, Azure infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of cloud technologies such as SSO, federated identity, SAML, Azure AD and cloud based email / SharePoint administration
- Vmware / vsphere and / or Microsoft Hyper-V knowledge
- Monitor systems to achieve optimum performance levels consistently and aligned with business needs, while following IT policies and procedures
- Assist in the establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of the systems in the enterprise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is preferred. Equivalent certification and/or work experience will be considered.
- 8+ years of experience as a systems or network engineering role, in a complex distributed environment
- Experience withmonitoring systems,virtualization and data storage technologies
- Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot servers (various operating systems), storage systems, and network devices
- Ability to administer and tune complex networks, LAN/WAN, enterprise grade WiFi, switching and routing knowledge at all OSI layers
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and we’re committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits – health, dental & vision, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement, an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the overall success of the organization – including destination awards, ‘AvalonBay’s Very Best’ recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values -A Commitment to Integrity,A Spirit of Caring, andA Focus on Continuous Improvement.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under the law.
AvalonBay is an Equal Opportunity Employer.